Photo

This dress in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

WOW! So beautiful! I say go for it! You're going to be hot mo matter what, its Cancun!
    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#12 blumenthale

blumenthale
    • 242 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

You may be hot, but you can do it for the pictures.

#13 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
      • 661 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

If its your dream dress, then you have to wear it. You are going to be hot, thats a given, especially with anything like a hoop or crinloin, however you can buy certain talcum powders that you can put on your legs to help with perspiration. At my first wedding my legs were so hot and my legs were dripping at times due to the heat, but once my gf told me about using the talc powder I was a little better off. Maybe just plan to have a reception dress thats a little airier so that you wont roast the whole day.
        Its a beautiful dress and Im sure you'll look wonderful in it. Enjoy bc the day goes by soooo fast - in a blink of an eye!

#14 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
        • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jennybell1
          If its your dream dress, then you have to wear it. You are going to be hot, thats a given, especially with anything like a hoop or crinloin, however you can buy certain talcum powders that you can put on your legs to help with perspiration. At my first wedding my legs were so hot and my legs were dripping at times due to the heat, but once my gf told me about using the talc powder I was a little better off. Maybe just plan to have a reception dress thats a little airier so that you wont roast the whole day.
          Its a beautiful dress and Im sure you'll look wonderful in it. Enjoy bc the day goes by soooo fast - in a blink of an eye!
          Hi, thanks for your reply :)

My dess is made out of taffeta and organza, i am hoping that will be cooler than satin at least. I have also brought an underskirt hoop which brings the dress away from me quite a lot more. I figured this would keep me cooler as it should let some air in. Is this not the case?

#15 Vikki

Vikki
          • 807 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I don't think there's anything that's inappropriate to wear if you love it.

My dress is very similar (It's a Maggie "Veronica") and I'm going to be burning up the whole time but I don't care, the dress makes me feel like a princess.

#16 SusieQ

SusieQ
            • 1,603 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

It'll be hot not matter what you wear... If you love the dress go for it

#17 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

It's phenomenal....and I think it's too fantastic to give up for a little heat! I think if it's your dream, you'll find a way to deal, and you'll be sooooo excited, you may not notice the heat as much anyway!

#18 jam8x2

jam8x2
                • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

It may be hot, but the flow of the dress is great for the location.

#19 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
                  • 174 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the replies girls! :)

#20 JT3

JT3
                    • 443 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Its your day... If that is the dress that you love... GO for it... No matter what you where you are going to be hot....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users