Sign in to follow this  
angelalanahung

This dress in Cancun?

If its your dream dress, then you have to wear it. You are going to be hot, thats a given, especially with anything like a hoop or crinloin, however you can buy certain talcum powders that you can put on your legs to help with perspiration. At my first wedding my legs were so hot and my legs were dripping at times due to the heat, but once my gf told me about using the talc powder I was a little better off. Maybe just plan to have a reception dress thats a little airier so that you wont roast the whole day.

Its a beautiful dress and Im sure you'll look wonderful in it. Enjoy bc the day goes by soooo fast - in a blink of an eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
If its your dream dress, then you have to wear it. You are going to be hot, thats a given, especially with anything like a hoop or crinloin, however you can buy certain talcum powders that you can put on your legs to help with perspiration. At my first wedding my legs were so hot and my legs were dripping at times due to the heat, but once my gf told me about using the talc powder I was a little better off. Maybe just plan to have a reception dress thats a little airier so that you wont roast the whole day.
Its a beautiful dress and Im sure you'll look wonderful in it. Enjoy bc the day goes by soooo fast - in a blink of an eye!
Hi, thanks for your reply :)

My dess is made out of taffeta and organza, i am hoping that will be cooler than satin at least. I have also brought an underskirt hoop which brings the dress away from me quite a lot more. I figured this would keep me cooler as it should let some air in. Is this not the case?

I don't think there's anything that's inappropriate to wear if you love it.

My dress is very similar (It's a Maggie "Veronica") and I'm going to be burning up the whole time but I don't care, the dress makes me feel like a princess.