Photo

Dress attire/code wording

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Check out this thread. There are lots of great ideas for dress code wording! Hope this helps!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t28233
    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#2 DMB1980

DMB1980
    • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

I was thinking of using Beach Chic, but my FI doesn't like that, but I think people should know what that means. What do you think?

#3 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
      • 258 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

We used "beach elegance" and then in one of the invitation inserts, provided the example of sundresses for ladies and khaki's/linnen pants & collared shirt for men.

#4 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
        • 295 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

i said that...its their vacation and they can wear whatever they want, but on the wedding day, i still want them to be confortable so cocktail dresses and suits are not required. then i said,
          suggested attire:
          women, dressy sun/summer dresses, dressy sandals
          men,, linen suits no jacket required, button down breathable shirt, dressy sandals
          "

#5 azulskies

azulskies
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

I was thinking beach chic as well, but my FI didn't like that either. I like beach elegance and then give with some suggestions. My mom suggested posting pics of other beach weddings on our website with people dressed in similar attire to give people more of an idea...I didn't think it was THAT complicated...lol.

#6 smith3576

smith3576
            • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have discovered that no matter what you say, people will still be confused and ask. We are doing it on the beach but actually wanted it MORE formal. We ended up saying cocktail on the invite, and on the website elaborated on what we meant, gave examples, and stressed that their comfort was most important.

We still have gotten lots of questions. One person though cocktail meant you have to wear black.

So, describe it the best you can, but in the end don't stress too much because people will ask you about it anyway (or if they aren't sure :)
              We're married! Jamie

#7 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
              • 139 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

We are going for "beach chic" too. We will be putting that on our invites, but on our website we have devoted a page to telling our guests what "beach chic" means. We added a picture for guys and gals - hopefully that won't create too many questions. I would make sure to just be as descriptive as possible, and put something up on your website if possible! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users