Photo

Is it safe to rent a car and drive in Cabo??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Patti

Patti
  • 555 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

Cabs can get expensive. We have 11 people in our group and was wondering what the best form of transporation would be? Let me hear your plans for getting your group around? Also, how are you getting your guests from the airport to the hotel and back?

#2 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
    • 427 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

I'm not sure how safe it is but were planning on getting one. I will have to keep you posted.

Jess

#3 MC Hicks

MC Hicks
      • 46 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:32 AM

We actually rented a car during our site visit. It's totally fine, but just make sure your own car insurance will cover you down there. Read the fine print of course, and it always helps to know where you're going! Otherwise, it's a little bit more expensive than here in the states from what I recall. We only used it to visit places, etc. but not to go out at night since parking is a hassle.
        I know a lot of brides have used transportation companies for their guests, like Epic and a few other businesses. Just look at some of their reviews on here.
        I hope this helps!

#4 mich999

mich999
        • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

We rented a minivan from Avis for a week and drove around no problem. We used it to go to costco, vendor visits and for excursions with 10 people or less (couple people sat in the trunk area). Our guests used Brown's transport - I have a review of them in my wedding review - Nadia and the transport provided was great.

#5 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

My dad rented a car and had no problem traveling through Cabo.

#6 Meagan&Alan

Meagan&Alan
            • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

We rented car when we were down in Cabo for a site visit over Labor Day. While helpful for getting around and having some flexibility, navigating was a little difficult and parking especially was a hassle. I found myself worrying about the car in San Jose del Cabo when I should have been concentrating on finding a good restaurant for our rehearsal dinner! It all depends on how mobile you want/need to be while you are there.

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:22 PM

we rented a car for new years from payless...super affordable and totally safe to drive around cabo...as the others said, find out if your car insurance will cover you down there...if not get the insurance down there, but it is $$. It's better to be safe than sorry with the insurance in another country.

#8 Bali83

Bali83
                • 221 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

I was wondering if the car rental in Cabo has unlimited miles & if it was necessary to get the insurance. I have insurance & I know it covers us for car rental here in the States...I'm just not sure about international coverage. Any info would be appreciated!!

#9 blondie25

blondie25
                  • 87 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

We rented a car for 3 days while we were in cabo drove to the city several times with no issues. Some of our guests had the car for a week and also had no issues

#10 Patti

Patti
                    • 555 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Thanks, Ladies. Sounds like from your experiences that it is ok to drive there. We'll definitely check with out the insurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users