The Ever Shrinking Guest List...It finally got to me!

lil_reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
I know everyone has kind words of "it'll be ok" and "you'll still have a great time" but bottom line is...that sucks. Of course you want everyone there!
It does suck- at first. But I promise when all is said and done, it will be ok and you will have a great time. I have YET to see a bride on this forum (and there has been a lot in 2.5 years) come back and say she regretted not having her closest people there because of a DW.

By the time you get back from your awesome wedding, you really won't care two shits about anyone. I would bet money that you will be a future Mrs. encouraging new brides that "it will be ok" because really- it will be. It will actually be better than ok. wink.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand, and i have been upset about this lately as well. i even considered canceling the destination wedding cause quite a few people that i love dearly could not make it.

But when my FI and I sat down and spoke about it, we decided that as much as it sucks that people can;t make it, we have always wanted to get married away, and when it comes right down to it, it is really about us.

So chin up, deep breaths it will all work out.

grouphug.gif

Thank you all so much...it really helped reading your comments. I've been on this forum for a while now and I see a lot of others going through this, I just didn't think it would get to me. Of course you should never say never wink.gif

Either way I feel a lot better now. I am marrying the best man in the world and as long as he's there that's all I need!....Thank you so much guys!!!

smile03.gif

Yup. Feel your pain. We sent 75+ invites and got 9 RSVP's. 6 of those were DH's family. We didnt have an AHR either. Its a tough pill to swallow, but we still had a great time and I still got to marry my guy. Good luck -- the majority of us can relate (doesnt make it any easier, but at least we know how it feels) :)

girl dont stress it, because at the end, you and your husnand is what matters...i really could care less who comes to be honest...of course i would love for people to be there, but if they dont im not goign to stress it...the people that come are the people who really truly want to be there no matter what...honestly, i would take the year in advance and save up if i really wanted to go...of course a medical reason you can not change...but others are diff...im just happy that i will be marrying the man of my dreams in the dream wedding i have been dreaming of =) u should be too!

You will have a great wedding! We ended losing 12 guest to swine flu, 5 to lack of funding, and 2 to old age. They weren't able to travel. BUT_ we had 45 come down and it was so wonderful and awesome! It's hard to miss your closest friends or grandparents on your wedding day but it is a part of the DW. All 3 of my BM dropped out but I had a great backup bridal party, including my brother who was so happy to be my MOH (Made of Honor he decided based on the movie)! You will be a beautiful bride!

I'm sorry your nearest and dearest won't be able to make it....that's the trickiest part of a DW, in my opinion. I know for sure that my parents, his parents, and my sister and one friend will definitely be there already, and even though we haven't sent out our invitations yet, some people we've been talking to about it have already said they won't be able to attend, so I feel your pain.

Try to keep your head up and just try to remember that they will be there with you in their thoughts and in spirit.....even if they can't be there in person.

I to understand both the ups and downs. We wanted to go away but I wanted to have a party atmosphere with the people I care about. Infortunately not everyone felt the same. My family is a tight knit family so they are all going but none of FI's family will be going. One of his cousins is coming. I know this is hard for him because everybody who will be there is associated with me, but there is not m uch you can do. I am surprised by who is going, because it is people I never expected. And of course the people I thought would go (they love to travel) can't seem to make it. Out of 90 invites, 13 people will be attending. But regardless of who comes it will be great (so FI keeps telling me). There could always be surprises at the end, but enjoy the day with people who care enough to be there. Remember the people who were unable to comee due to circumstances beyond their control, and laugh at those who are missing out on the time of their lives. For me this is not a wedding day, but a wedding week! Sure your guests will have their own time, but there are going to be at least 3 or 4 days of stuff to do with the wedding. Welcome dinner, wedding, excursions, bachorette party, etc.