• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hello beautiful desties!!!

I have contacted Shelley from Shelley Jean Photography in Guelph about going BD pics of me for DH for our first year anniversary. (that's right ladies...it's not just a wedding thing! ) Anyhoo - I just thought I would check around to see if anyone was interested. I'm fairly flexible with the dates, it just has to be sometime in October (not the first weekend) or November. It will also have to be a weekend.

Shelley is one of our very own desties - she is a DW bride married last fall! Her and I have been talking for a quite a while now about doing a BD shoot and she has been amazing to deal with! Here is her website... Shelley Jean Photography, Lifestyle Portrait Photography in Guelph, Southern Ontario, and Eastern Ontario | Destination Weddings | Boudoir | Portrait photography. She does some really great work.

Here are the details for the shoot...

For $225 here is what you get:

1 hour with Shelley for a discrete, comfortable and tasteful one-on-one session.
    Full use of our props.
    30 of your "best of the best" images on disc (you will be able to print these "fuzz-free" up to 8x10, or you can always request larger sizes). Typically you get more than 30!

Gentle retouching/enhancement and colour adjustments made including Black & White images.
    A professionally printed, custom-designed 5x5 Asukabook photobook album.
    An incredible memory commemorating your beauty and your style!
    Includes all taxes and shipping costs.

This does not include makeup, hair styling or a hotel suite location. If interested, I can recommend a wonderful makeup artist. I can also arrange a hotel suite the cost of which can be divided among the participants, or if someone is willing to offer up their home, we can use it as our 'set'.

I am willing to offer up my home in Kitchener. But if we get enough people renting a nice hotel room wouldn't be that expensive.

Let me know if you are interested & we can discuss it further!!

#2 Ethan's Mommy

Ethan's Mommy
    • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

This sounds great, Shelley's work is beautiful. My FI and I are getting married in January 2010, and I was thinking of doing this for him as well. I was hoping to do one mid-late November, any weekend would work for me. Let me know what would work best for you. Talk to you soon.
      Melissa

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Great Melissa! I'm hoping to hear from a few more people - one of which is getting married in November so if she is in it might have to be Thanksgiving weekend (Oct.10th) so that she can get her book back before she goes! I'll let you know!!

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

So - just to update...I think it's going to be Nov.7.
          Anyone else interested?? If we get enough people, Shelley will pay for the hotel!

#5 smalltownontario

smalltownontario
          • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

I am interested Amanda - what is the details?
            Krista
            Looking to share a photographer week of November 21-28th 2009 in Punta Cana - he's from Canada - PM me for more info!

#6 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

Amanda, I'm so excited for you that you are doing this!
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Kelly!! I'm pretty excited!! FINALLY a professional photo shoot!! lol

Krista - I don't have any details other than what's here. Is Nov 7th good for you? So far it's just me.

#8 smalltownontario

smalltownontario
                • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:40 AM

I can do either Oct 17th in morning or Sundays...I work every Saturday but had to book the 17th off for my wedding shower. I leave Nov 21st so just want to have it done in time...
                  Looking to share a photographer week of November 21-28th 2009 in Punta Cana - he's from Canada - PM me for more info!

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Sundays are a no-go. DH is off every Sunday and I don't want to have to try & do this while he's at home - plus I am offering up my house so that we won't have to pay for a hotel if it's just the 2 of us! October 17th could work...but it would have to be the evening. What time is your shower over?? Shelley was thinking more like November, and if we went with the 7th (in the evening again) she would probably have them done before you go. I can confirm that with her if that would work for you.

#10 OCMDBride05152010

OCMDBride05152010
                    • 93 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

That's a great deal! I wish I lived in Ontario...have fun!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users