• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

My fiance will definitely want to help pick his ring out (great for me!), but he wants some sort of Irish desgin (something like this) since his family is from Ireland. Does anyone have any online jewlers they'd recomend that would have something like this?Click the image to open in full size.

#42 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

i did a search for
    Quote:
    Celtic men's wedding bands
    and found these:

Quote:
    Your choice of wedding ring is very personal. We have put together this information to help you make your choice easier. If you have any questions at all please contact us at Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#43 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

my FI got the same ring as april's husband. http://www.trewtungs...collection.html

There are a couple things about tungsten rings if you didn't already know this. First since it is the strongest metal out there, if you get hurt with the ring on THEY CAN NOT CUT IT OFF! IT would be stuck on there forever or you have to cut off the finger! That is really scary to me! But the lady also told me that her husband got his hand caught in a electric saw and the ring saved his finger! i guess it hit the ring instead of the finger! oh and there wasn't a scratch on the ring! Crazy!

#44 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
      • 486 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Natalie M
        my FI got the same ring as april's husband. http://www.trewtungs...collection.html

There are a couple things about tungsten rings if you didn't already know this. First since it is the strongest metal out there, if you get hurt with the ring on THEY CAN NOT CUT IT OFF! IT would be stuck on there forever or you have to cut off the finger! That is really scary to me! But the lady also told me that her husband got his hand caught in a electric saw and the ring saved his finger! i guess it hit the ring instead of the finger! oh and there wasn't a scratch on the ring! Crazy!
        I guess I never thought of that! That is a little scary, I need to ask the lady about that before I buy it.

#45 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
          OK see now why did you have to post this, Now I'm going to be worried to death about him wearing his wedding ring.... Ok I'm pretending I didn't just read it.. It's not working...

#46 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
          • 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
            Here is the one we decided on http://www.trewtungs...collection.html its is the Original Beveled Edge Inlaid with Platinum 7mm.
            i just picked my FI's ring up on Saturday and it looks exactly like the one you are looking at except that it is white gold. we wanted to get him platinum but the prices skyrocketed this summer
            Jen & Aaron
            January 13, 2007

#47 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
            • 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:23 PM

oh and by the way...it looks awesome!
              Jen & Aaron
              January 13, 2007

#48 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

WARNING!!!! Before you leave for your wedding, have your FI try on his ring!

We were playing around this morning and my FI tried on his ring (we leave Wednesday) and it's so big it fell off when he barely shook his hand. He's lost 10 pounds since we bought it.

One more thing to add to the to do before we leave...
                Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#49 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

Quote:

Natalie, I don't believe that is true. I researched this before, and thought this might put your mind at ease (source e-weddingbands.com)
                  Can a Tungsten ring be cut off?
                  Can a Tungsten ring be cut off?
                  Yes! Please be aware that in any situation where there might be a medical necessity to cut off or remove a tungsten ring--for instance excessive weight gain, hand injury, etc.,--removing a tungsten ring doesn’t pose much more of a challenge than cutting through a gold or platinum wedding band. In our own jewelry shop, as in many other jewelry shops, we have a cutting tool designed for cutting titanium and tungsten wedding bands. In addition, tungsten bands can be fractured into pieces using vise-grip pliers. When we contacted our local hospital emergency room and asked if they were equipped to remove tungsten wedding bands in an emergency, they told us that most hospital emergency rooms are prepared to handle almost anything, and assured us that it would be no problem for them.
                  During our 30 years of jewelry repair experience, we've only seen a dozen or so rings that have been cut off in hospital emergency rooms, and in most of those cases the rings had been bent out-of-round and were putting painful pressure on the finger. Tungsten rings will not crush or bend out-of-round, so if you shut your hand in a car door or drop a heavy object on it, a tungsten wedding band is likely to fracture into several pieces and fall off your finger freely. You might be safer wearing a tungsten ring than a precious metal band! Nonetheless, check with your local jeweler or medical facility if you have concerns.

#50 Janet

Janet
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,459 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

sorry to go off topic, but Christa I love your avatar pic! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users