Photo

6 pm ceremony

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

I'm just wondering if you think a 6 pm ceremony is to late? We're planning on doing a private reception and I'm worried that we won't eat until 8 since we still have to pictures. Any thoughts?

#2 Nicolem82580

Nicolem82580
    • 75 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

Just a thought , you could always do pictures before hand. I'd be worried it would be too dark out depending on where your getting married ! Just an idea :)

#3 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
      • 519 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

I wanted to do this too! Cause it's just soo romantic...We were going to do pictures before hand and have a 6pm ceremony and dinner after..we don't usually eat dinner until later anyways..I think it's great pictures in daylight and ceremony at sunset...just BEAUTIFUL!

#4 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
        • 483 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

I don't think 6pm is too late. It will give you more time to prepare during the day and it will also allow your guests to sleep in a little late. Plus, an evening wedding is so romantic.

#5 luciel2820

luciel2820
          • 474 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

i think the pics would be beautiful.. a sunset wedding... and either way ppl can eat b4 the ceremony in one of the buffets or something.. or if u like have a cocktail hr with finger food

#6 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
            • 427 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

You should be fine depending on what part of the year your getting married. I would check with your WC just to make sure.

Jessica

#7 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
              • 153 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

6:00 is perfect...do what makes you happy!
                Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

#8 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

We're having our ceremony at 6! And then a cocktail hour starting around 6:30 or so and then dinner after that. I think it depends on when (what month) you're getting married and just make sure you eat during the day!
                  Here's a site you can find out when the sunset is
                  Sunrise and Sunset Times for Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico in Mexico

#9 karenk77

karenk77
                  • 369 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

We are doing that too 6pm ceremony and reception right after..you can take all your pics before and then go straight to the reception..i think sunset is just beautiful..PLUS most resorts are all inclusive so people will be eating all day..and just because they show up at 6 doesnt mean they havent stuffing their faces all day lol..only we are gonna starve..everyone else is on vacation and you know on vacation theres no holds barred when it comes to food

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

i dont think 6pm is too late if it fits in with everything.have you any idea what time you can have your reception?its just that i know some resorts don,t do the private receptions till after 8pm?therefore that would work out great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users