Photo

Ellen to be the 4th judge on American Idol!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 cbell

cbell
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm kinda over AI but now that Ellen's on I'll definitely tune in, I love her! I think she'll probably disagree with Simon but in a funny way, not the annoying way he and Paula used to go back and forth. I bet JT will be on there for a performance this year since they're friends, hopefully!

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

I don't normally watch AI - but I might now!

#13 azulskies

azulskies
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

I love Ellen! I was surprised too to hear she was Paula's replacement. I think it was a smart choice not picking someone else in the music industry. They'd always be compared to Paula. And like someone said, she was great on SYTYCD.

#14 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
          I agree! I love Ellen and she's really sweet. She was a guest judge on SYTYCD this summer and I thought she did a good job of it and she really did her best to give positive critiques.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by azulskies
          I love Ellen! I was surprised too to hear she was Paula's replacement. I think it was a smart choice not picking someone else in the music industry. They'd always be compared to Paula. And like someone said, she was great on SYTYCD.
          Ummm...really?? I thought she was terrible on SYTYCD! Don't get me wrong - I like Ellen, but I think she should stick to her talk show. I thought she was just trying to be funny, and didn't offer much of a critique at all, unless you count her saying "They should call you hammer because you nailed it" a critique!
          I think it will be more of a joke then anything and you won't get a true critique out of her. Although - I think she will be fun at the auditions!!

Just my opinion!!

Oh...and I have to add that ANYONE is better than Paula!!!

#15 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            Ummm...really?? I thought she was terrible on SYTYCD! Don't get me wrong - I like Ellen, but I think she should stick to her talk show. I thought she was just trying to be funny, and didn't offer much of a critique at all, unless you count her saying "They should call you hammer because you nailed it" a critique!
            I think it will be more of a joke then anything and you won't get a true critique out of her. Although - I think she will be fun at the auditions!!

Just my opinion!!

Oh...and I have to add that ANYONE is better than Paula!!!
            I felt the same way about SYTYCD when she was on it.
            Cory & Jennifer
            March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#16 allyson779

allyson779
            • 238 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

Ellen will be way too nice... instead of being mean she will be funny. It will be fun at first, but I think it will get old.
              Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#17 candicemarie

candicemarie
              • 271 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

When I first heard, I was excited bc I think she is fun and adorable! After reading the posts, though, I started to think about what y'all were saying and have to agree w/a lot of it. I hope she doesn't try to hard to be funny. I hate when people do that. I'll definitely be tuning in to find out!!

#18 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

awesome, I love Ellen - she cracks me up

#19 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                  • 266 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

Jess your kitty picture freaked me out for a sec. Just the way his/her eyes are reflecting the light hehe. A Devon is it?

I love Ellen, she's natural and funny. I can't wait to see how she reacts to Cowell.

#20 meghan

meghan
                    • 832 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

I think it's great that Ellen is going to be a part of American Idol. Even though she doesn't have expertise with music, she will be great for judging what the people will like to hear. I think she will add some great humour and entertainment to the show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users