Sign in to follow this  
LisaG

Ellen to be the 4th judge on American Idol!

I'm kinda over AI but now that Ellen's on I'll definitely tune in, I love her! I think she'll probably disagree with Simon but in a funny way, not the annoying way he and Paula used to go back and forth. I bet JT will be on there for a performance this year since they're friends, hopefully!

I love Ellen! I was surprised too to hear she was Paula's replacement. I think it was a smart choice not picking someone else in the music industry. They'd always be compared to Paula. And like someone said, she was great on SYTYCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~ View Post
I agree! I love Ellen and she's really sweet. She was a guest judge on SYTYCD this summer and I thought she did a good job of it and she really did her best to give positive critiques.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azulskies View Post
I love Ellen! I was surprised too to hear she was Paula's replacement. I think it was a smart choice not picking someone else in the music industry. They'd always be compared to Paula. And like someone said, she was great on SYTYCD.
Ummm...really?? I thought she was terrible on SYTYCD! Don't get me wrong - I like Ellen, but I think she should stick to her talk show. I thought she was just trying to be funny, and didn't offer much of a critique at all, unless you count her saying "They should call you hammer because you nailed it" a critique!
I think it will be more of a joke then anything and you won't get a true critique out of her. Although - I think she will be fun at the auditions!!

Just my opinion!! cheesy.gif

Oh...and I have to add that ANYONE is better than Paula!!! rofl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Ummm...really?? I thought she was terrible on SYTYCD! Don't get me wrong - I like Ellen, but I think she should stick to her talk show. I thought she was just trying to be funny, and didn't offer much of a critique at all, unless you count her saying "They should call you hammer because you nailed it" a critique!
I think it will be more of a joke then anything and you won't get a true critique out of her. Although - I think she will be fun at the auditions!!

Just my opinion!! cheesy.gif

Oh...and I have to add that ANYONE is better than Paula!!! rofl.gif
I felt the same way about SYTYCD when she was on it.

When I first heard, I was excited bc I think she is fun and adorable! After reading the posts, though, I started to think about what y'all were saying and have to agree w/a lot of it. I hope she doesn't try to hard to be funny. I hate when people do that. I'll definitely be tuning in to find out!!

Jess your kitty picture freaked me out for a sec. Just the way his/her eyes are reflecting the light hehe. A Devon is it?

I love Ellen, she's natural and funny. I can't wait to see how she reacts to Cowell.

I think it's great that Ellen is going to be a part of American Idol. Even though she doesn't have expertise with music, she will be great for judging what the people will like to hear. I think she will add some great humour and entertainment to the show!