Photo

Has Anyone Used Mayansound?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 delauren

delauren
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

My hotel recommended Mayansound as the DJ they prefer - haven't seen them on this board ever, wondering what their deal is? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2 simba1234

simba1234
    • 179 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

Where are you getting married? My hotel recommended Mayan Sound also but I can't find any info on them either.

#3 delauren

delauren
      • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hotel Esencia. You?

I'm going down to Mexico in November and am going to try and meet with them/go to a wedding where they're DJing...

Music is too important to just go with someone you can't find a recommendation on!

#4 delauren

delauren
        • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hey all! Just returned from a site visit to my hotel and met Mayan Sound. Wanted to post a quick review for anyone else who is being recommended them by their coordinator.

They arrived on time for our meeting and were very professional. They set up two turntables, a Mac computer and some speakers. They were the only DJ's who actually PLAYED for us and they were the only DJ's we met who actually brought the DJ who is going to play at our wedding (if we hire them).

I made some comments about how he DJ'd and the guy took my notes immediately. My hotel has very high standards and they have used them for all their weddings - I am waiting for their pricing information but they seem really great and professional.

#5 simba1234

simba1234
          • 179 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by delauren
            Hey all! Just returned from a site visit to my hotel and met Mayan Sound. Wanted to post a quick review for anyone else who is being recommended them by their coordinator.

They arrived on time for our meeting and were very professional. They set up two turntables, a Mac computer and some speakers. They were the only DJ's who actually PLAYED for us and they were the only DJ's we met who actually brought the DJ who is going to play at our wedding (if we hire them).

I made some comments about how he DJ'd and the guy took my notes immediately. My hotel has very high standards and they have used them for all their weddings - I am waiting for their pricing information but they seem really great and professional.
            What did you think of how he DJ'd?? How was his style?

Do you know if they would stick to a playlist if one was given to them? I want to give them my full playlist but I'm worried that they'll want to play their own songs.

#6 delauren

delauren
            • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

At first, he was mixing the songs using "scratching" which feels old fashioned to me - I asked him to DJ just letting the songs flow from one to the other and he did immediately. It sounded really good.

He said I could give him a full PLAYLIST and a full DO NOT PLAYLIST, which I am definitely going to do with whatever DJ I hire. He does not speak a lot of English so make sure your coordinator is there to help communicate.

#7 vcm714

vcm714
              • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Can you send me the contact info/website for Mayan Sound?

#8 CamilleA

CamilleA
                • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

If you could post the contact info for Mayan Sound that would be super helpful!! thanks!

Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#9 delauren

delauren
                  • 84 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Phone:

They also have a facebook page you can check out!

#10 lynfar

lynfar
                    • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

THANKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users