Photo

FI parents don't know we're engaged.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 LeNell

LeNell
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Oh My Gosh that his horrible....... At the end of the day do whats best for you guys... I hope everything works out
    Tristan and Lenell 2010

#12 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

stay strong and they might realize that this is really for real and their son is going to spend the rest of his life with you.if he told them it might make it easier quicker?but will obviously be really difficult at first.

#13 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

I am so sorry about this whole situation between you and your FI's parents. I hope you two can work it out.

#14 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now, that's horrible. I hope that your FI can help them to see that your love for each other is much more important than your difference in culture.
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#15 spark

spark
          • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

I hear you girls, thanks for all your responses. I am letting him do whatever is necessary to make them realize that we're going to be married soon. I'm not in any rush to get married but I just know that I found the right guy. I am going to support him and be by his side while he figures things out with his parents. It is very shallow what they're doing but I can't blame his parents, they are very ancient. He is the last out of 7 children and his father is almost in his 80's.

#16 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
            • 553 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

Wow, thats so sad....I really hope you guys can work it out with them Stay strong and good luck :)

#17 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:33 AM

WHAT A TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE!!!

I am soooooo sorry to hear that your FI's parents are being so ridiculous at a time when they should be thrilled that their son has found a woman he truly loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with. I can't imagine how you must be feeling -- angry, sad, resentful, frustrated....I'm sure the list could go on and on. I agree that he needs to step up and tell his parents that this is the way it's going to be, and if they want to disown their child over his choice of a life-mate, then they need to get their priorities straight! LIFE IS TOO PRECIOUS and WAY TOO SHORT for this kind of nonsense....they should be embarassed by their behavior and APOLOGIZE to YOU for making you feel like you're not good enough to be with their son over something you can't change!

Their foolishness is just an outrage.

#18 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
                • 573 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:58 AM

Wow I am so sorry ou have to deal with this at this time. I do understand what you are going thru and it can be very difficult. There are so many factors at play here. Culture, age, and what they envisioned for their son. Do we ever home with what they excepted? Probably not. I know things like this can be very hard especially when it is prolonged, But the will eventually come around. My best advice to you is be as sweet as you can be. They will soften over time. Good Luck I hope this works out for you sooner rather than later.

#19 SusieQ

SusieQ
                  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

How can you move foward in planning your lives together with this huge road block A wife and hopefully bested with children will hard pressed to hide forever! FI does need you make this right by you, disowned!!!! They could disown me and never speak to me again if they tried to stop me from marrying the man I love. Hang in there Hun but you have your pride too, there isn't a sound reason for them not to love you and give you a chance.. Their old fashion and stupid!!!! Sometimes people like that just need to be told they don't have that control and they back down pretty quick...

#20 josee

josee
                    • 217 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Hang in there, try to be strong and hopefully they will come around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users