Traveling With Dress

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 blumenthale

• 242 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

Carry it on, amazon.com sells cheap black formal length travel bags that you can put on top of whatever it is in for extra protection, I have that and a breathable gown bag.

#12 LeNell

• 212 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

My TA told me to put it in the crew closet
      Tristan and Lenell 2010

#13 KPEG

• 267 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

Did anyone order the light pink breathable garment bag off ebay? Is it see-through at all? I don't want my fiance to even get a hint of what my dress will look like!

#14 sjmacphe

• 291 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

Lol I had a dream I got to Cuba, was having a blast until I realized I FORGOT my dress...oh my, I am not letting it out of my sight, its for sure getting carried on! That would be terrible if it didn't show up to your resort...what would you do?? In my dream I got married in a white bathing suit...pretty bad!

#15 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

i will be taking mine on with me.the bridal shop sells those boxes that are the correct size for carry ons.you can get them on line

#16 EDRBride2009

• 278 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

I am carrying mine on, and if they have a problem with that, I will wear it like a shawl, lol! I am definitely not letting it out of my sight.

#17 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

I plan on carrying mine on as well and asking the flight attendants to hand it in their closet.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#18 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

The garment bag that the dress shop provides should be good enough. That is what I used. And I also carried mine onto the plane. We had regular coach seats but I asked if they could store my dress in the captain's closet or the first class closet and they were able to. As you can see in my siggy, my dress was super poofy with an extra crinoline underneath and they still let me carry it onto the plane. It was like carrying around 30lbs, constantly having to keep my arm in the air so the dress didn't drag. Definitely tough!

We also carried on DH's tux as well. And my MOH was also on our flight so they let her carry her dress and hung it with my dress on the plane. Once we arrived in Paris (our layover), we had to switch to a smaller puddle jumper. They didn't have a large captain's closet, but they let us lay the dress flat in the luggage bins above the seat. It took the space of 2 bins, but they were very understanding since it was a wedding dress.
                  - Grace
                  Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                  Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                  Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                  Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#19 Chelymo

• 327 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

I'm bringing my dress with me on the plane. Not leaving it to chance...I'm planning on asking the flight crew to store in the closet as well.
                    Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#20 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

Just as a heads up to all the future brides out there. I brought my dress as a carry-on and had no trouble with bringing it on the plane. However, the moment I walked on the plane, I had a flight attendant tell me straight away that they could not accommodate me with putting the dress in the captain's closet (we flew first class). They actually didn't have one that was accessible outside of the cockpit. With that being said, I took a charter flight so it probably depends on which airline you are traveling with. Just be prepared that you "might" have to store it in the overhead storage. My dress made the trip just fine but it was pretty wrinkled. I just put it in the bathroom, threw the shower on to hot and steamed it that way. Worked out perfectly fine!
                      First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users