Sign in to follow this  
jstinemari

Need some advice on reception

We're having our cermony at Olowalu and planned on having our reception at Feast of Lele. However I really wanted the cermoney to end at sunset. I thought we could begin about an hour before sunset. We still wanted a little time for a mini reception.. cake and chamagne, our first dance and pictures. Now the Luau is 15 min away and I dont want our guests to miss anything, so our WC suggested begining at 3:30. Now i'm trying to figure out if the ceremony at sunset is something i definately have to have, and if it is then it looks like we should change our reception venue. Does anyone know of a reception venue with live entertainment and great food that I could look into?

I can't be much help b/c we had our ceremony @ 3:30 so that we could make it to our reception at the "Drums of Pacific Luau" that started at 5:00. Most every luau I looked into started around that same time, maybe the latest was 6:00. We were thinking sunset ceremony as well, but our photographer told us that the lighting is not great at that time of day & it's best for picture purposes to hold the cermony during the day. Sorry I couldn't help, but if you're interested in an awesome luau for your reception, look into Drums of Pacific at the Hyatt. You also may want to speak with your photographer about his/her opinion on sunset pics. Good luck!!