Photo

RMB private beach reception dinner info

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

Our reception started at 6 and they told us it had to end at 9 because the nightly show starts then and the music from the DJ would disturb the show. They started cleaning up around 9 but it happened to be Bob Marley night for the show and our party stayed on the beach until around 10:30ish dancing to the music from the show

#22 angie8119

angie8119
    • 198 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Geralyn- how was the dj? did he have a variety of music? If I bring an Ipod with songs we really want to hear, can he just attach them to his system? did he have the songs you were intending to hear? i'm a little nervous about the music, can you tell?

#23 Geralyn

Geralyn
      • 2,677 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by angie8119
        Geralyn- how was the dj? did he have a variety of music? If I bring an Ipod with songs we really want to hear, can he just attach them to his system? did he have the songs you were intending to hear? i'm a little nervous about the music, can you tell?
        The DJ was good...we gave him our first dance and the 2 songs for our parent dances on a cd and he played them no problem. The music that he played was very current and music you would hear at any wedding in the states...he played slower music during dinner and then faster dance music. I'm sure if you bring your i-pod they could hook it up.

#24 angie8119

angie8119
        • 198 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

Geralyn- you are a wealth of information!! thank you!!

#25 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angie8119
            Geralyn- you are a wealth of information!! thank you!!
            No prob! Happy to help...I was in your shoes and had so many questions but at the time I was planning there weren't too many RMB brides on here so it was hard to get info or pics. Happy to answer any questions I can!

#26 quin_melissa

quin_melissa
            • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hi, I am Melissa and I am getting married in June 2010 at RMB and those pictures are lovely. Thought about the beach reception but it might be too hot and our wedding is at 2pm so it might not be a good idea to have my guest in the heat that long. We were thinking about renting the disco room for 3-4 hours with open bar and hor d'oeurves. Let me know what you guys think?

Is anyone doing the disco room?

Is the semi private food good, is it buffet style?

#27 quin_melissa

quin_melissa
              • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

About how much is the DJ for the beach wedding.

#28 Mrs K 2010!

Mrs K 2010!
                • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

Well Now your our RMB Messiah Geralyn! =) And thanks for all your info..

Im intrested in the information as well.
                  Altho a beach reception would be totally rockin I dont know if it fits within our budget...

xox
                  Jennifer

#29 Geralyn

Geralyn
                  • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by quin_melissa
                    Hi, I am Melissa and I am getting married in June 2010 at RMB and those pictures are lovely. Thought about the beach reception but it might be too hot and our wedding is at 2pm so it might not be a good idea to have my guest in the heat that long. We were thinking about renting the disco room for 3-4 hours with open bar and hor d'oeurves. Let me know what you guys think?

Is anyone doing the disco room?

Is the semi private food good, is it buffet style?
                    We got married in July. Our ceremony was at noon...it was hot but there was a very nice breeze. They don't start the reception until 6 and all of our guests were very comfortable. It was not too hot at all. Very nice breeze.
                    The disco was much hotter because the AC wasn't working. After the reception some of the guests went up to the Disco. It was so hot that some of the guys took off there pants and were standing in the bar in their boxers!!! lol

#30 Geralyn

Geralyn
                    • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by quin_melissa
                      About how much is the DJ for the beach wedding.
                      The DJ was $150 an hour...we had him for 3 hours

We had the steel drum band for the ceremony for 1 hour. They are $350 an hour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users