Sign in to follow this  
blumenthale

RMB private beach reception dinner info

Calling all RMB brides. Please let me know about having a private beach reception at RMB. I have seen some info on this on past threads but want to know more. How many guests do you need, what did it look like, what kind of food and beverages. Do you have a dance floor, or is it just sand, did you hire entertainment, use an ipod, do a slide show? Can you set up a table with placecards? Love to hear your stories and advice.

Hello! My FI and I went to the resort for a visit two weeks ago and met with Sherika. She told us that the minimum you need is 40 people, and it's $55 a head. As far as your other questions, I really don't know, but there are some thread with the beach party pictures if you want to try and look at them to see how it is set up. Good luck!

We absolutely loved it there. While we were down, we also stood by and watched 2 weddings, and they looked fantastic too! I'm glad we got the chance to go down ahead of time just so we could experience it for ourselves. Now we can answer any of our guests questions if they have them. Everything was set up well and we were treated like royalty the whole time. The food was great and the entertainment was...well entertaining. And Sherika seems like the nicest person, she really listened to us as we asked her our questions.

I'm totally leaning towards a beach reception! I;ve read on here that guests thought it was the best idea ever, and even months later are still talking about it!

I think also the food is different than what is offered with the regular wedding packages.

We had the beach reception and it was THE BEST DECISION WE MADE! We had 43 people the minimum you need is 40. It's $45 pp for dinner and $10 for open bar so $55 pp. We hired the DJ from the resort. There is no dance floor set up..you dance on the sand. You can def ask them to set up a table for place cards. My Aunt and Cousin made a slide show DVD as a surprise and the resort set up a TV on the beach for everyone to watch it. The dinner is buffet and all of our guests said it was the best food they ate all week. Here are some pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

Wow, thanks for the pictures. I am so doing the beach reception, I need to show everybody those picture to get them to book their trips. It is so beautiful. I also

love the bridesmaids dresses, want to sell them? I need a size 0/2, 6/8, and 10/12. LOL

That's funny...we only had 25 people and they allowed me to do a beach reception. It was the best decision I made, and I'm really glad they did not raise the minimum number of guests with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumenthale View Post
Wow, thanks for the pictures. I am so doing the beach reception, I need to show everybody those picture to get them to book their trips. It is so beautiful. I also
love the bridesmaids dresses, want to sell them? I need a size 0/2, 6/8, and 10/12. LOL
My bridesmaids have their dresses so I'm not sure if they would want to sell them and I'm not sure what sizes they are. They are Mori Lee Affairs Bridesmaid Collection: 732 Chiffon and the color is turquoise.
Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores

If you are thinking about whether or not to do a beach reception def do it...you won't regret it!!