Photo

Anyone excited as me about GLEE on Fox?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 candicemarie

candicemarie
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

I did a search to see if there was a Glee thread out there but didn't find one. So here goes...
    Just wondering if there are any other Glee fans out there! I saw the pilot after Am. Idol in May and LOVED it. I've been looking forward to the series ever since! I really love musicals (well most, anyway) so having a show that incorporates it & empasizes the need for music in schools is right up my alley!!! They've been playing the pilot almost every night since last week. It starts w/the second episode tomorrow on Fox at 8pm Central.

#2 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hey Candice! I had heard absolutely nothing about this until Friday night. I was watching tv with the FIL's, and it came on. Apparently, I have been living under a rock, because my FMIL said the same thing-- that it has been super hyped. I was not going to watch it, but we were holed up in a hotel room, and nothing else was on. To my surprise, I LOVED it!!! It's already set to my DVR for all future episodes! It is so witty, clever, and just fun.

I'm wondering if I missed the pilot and saw the second episode? I saw the one where they sang 'Don't stop Believin' at the end....
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#3 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

can't waaaaaaaaaait. I'm a high school spanish teacher too, like the main character, so that makes me love it even more.

#4 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
        • 237 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

I love it too but I read something online today that some critics said the pilot made it a hit but that the episodes to come aren't nearly as entertaining....hopefully they are wrong...fingers crossed!!!

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'm super excited! The pilot was really good. I hope the show can keep up. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

I watched the pilot when it aired back in May. I really liked it, but I'm hoping the show is a little different. The characters were a little unrelatable & two-dimensional. I hope they get a little more realistic.

So maybe the following episodes being different from the pilot won't be a bad thing. It was really fun, but maybe too over the top. If it slowed down a little & got in depth into the people, I think I'd like it more. I'm excited for episode #2 to see how it goes.

#7 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

I LOVED this show! FI has been calling me a Gleek since it first aired. We went to high school together and I was the drama/choir geek then, and I'm still kind of dorky : ) Can't wait till the next show!

#8 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

I agree with Morgan, a bit more of a character study would be nice. I think it really has potential. Shows are so tricky to catch on though... hopefully being after 'so you think you can dance' will help!
                  Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                  July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                  Non-Pro Pics:
                  http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                  Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#9 bermduagirl

bermduagirl
                  • 161 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

I saw the pilot last week and loved it! I'm so excited to watch the new season tonight!

#10 candicemarie

candicemarie
                    • 271 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
                      Hey Candice! I had heard absolutely nothing about this until Friday night. I was watching tv with the FIL's, and it came on. Apparently, I have been living under a rock, because my FMIL said the same thing-- that it has been super hyped. I was not going to watch it, but we were holed up in a hotel room, and nothing else was on. To my surprise, I LOVED it!!! It's already set to my DVR for all future episodes! It is so witty, clever, and just fun.

I'm wondering if I missed the pilot and saw the second episode? I saw the one where they sang 'Don't stop Believin' at the end....
                      Hahaha! Well thank goodness you were so bored on Friday! Ya, you saw the first one for sure so you're good to go :)

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lil_reeves
                      I love it too but I read something online today that some critics said the pilot made it a hit but that the episodes to come aren't nearly as entertaining....hopefully they are wrong...fingers crossed!!!
                      Oh poo, I hate when that happens
                      I LOVED this show! FI has been calling me a Gleek since it first aired. We went to high school together and I was the drama/choir geek then, and I'm still kind of dorky : ) Can't wait till the next show!
                      LOL! Gleek, I LOVE it!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
                      I agree with Morgan, a bit more of a character study would be nice. I think it really has potential. Shows are so tricky to catch on though... hopefully being after 'so you think you can dance' will help!
                      Oh I know! Its crazy the amount of shows that come and go w/in a few months these days. I think you and Morgan are right, so hopefully now that the series is finally starting we'll get a better look at who everyone really is. I adore Jane Lynch, the cheerleading coach. She is so freaking funny & dry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users