Photo

Engagement gift?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

So my fiance's family called over the weekend and his sister told me her boyfriend proposed!!! I'm so flipping happy for them and so excited that we get to share in the wedding planning together (even more now than before)! But....I'm wondering if you all received engagement gifts and what the best gift was? We only got one - it was from my fiance's parents/family and was a beautiful wood keepsake box with our names on a silver name plate. I LOVE it and I'll need to talk to his mom to see if they're doing something similar for his sister. If they aren't - I'd love to do something like this. If not, I don't have many other ideas. Maybe an engraved picture frame with their names and engagement date on it? I can pull a picture taken right after from the internet and put in it. Any other ideas?

#2 Jenamie

Jenamie
    • 392 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

humm I never got an engagement gift (but the ring haha)

But I think anything she will love if its from the heart :)

#3 merocket59

merocket59
      • 937 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

I can't remember the name of the company but it is popular so you might know what I'm talking about, anyway they have a man and a woman like twisted together, I got a candlestick holder but they have other figurine type things too. Darn I wish I could remember, if it hits me later I'll post again. Anyway it was really sweet and my fav engagement gift.

#4 MayaLove

MayaLove
        • 369 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Are you talking about Things Remembered?
          Jenna & Chris
          Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
          My BDW Blog

#5 Taryn20

Taryn20
          • 33 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

We recently had an engagment party and my favorite gift was a clear glass serving platter that had our monogram frosted in it. We like to entertain so we loved it. Its something that we will definitely use alot and wont sit in a closet and be forgotten about.
            39 Booked plus Bride & Groom!!!!

#6 mswhatever

mswhatever
            • 475 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Our engagement party is saturday, so I will post my favorite Sunday. So far we have received a few items from our honeymoon wishes registry and a cash gift.

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

You mentioned that you received one gift and that was from his parents. I'm assuming that means you did not receive one from her. Are you sure you want to give her something then? I've never given engagement gifts, but my best friend (who got engaged one month before me) gave me a wedding planning kit she put together. It was so thoughful, but I still feel like a jerk for her getting something for me when I didn't get anything for her. Just a thought.

#8 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kristy!
                  You mentioned that you received one gift and that was from his parents. I'm assuming that means you did not receive one from her. Are you sure you want to give her something then? I've never given engagement gifts, but my best friend (who got engaged one month before me) gave me a wedding planning kit she put together. It was so thoughful, but I still feel like a jerk for her getting something for me when I didn't get anything for her. Just a thought.
                  To me it's not really about who got who what. I'm just really, truly happy for them and want to get her something to congratulate her and make her feel even more excited about starting their life together. I guess technically the keepsake box we got was from the whole family. I don't really know who paid for it. I don't mind giving, even if the sentiment isn't going to be returned. PLUS she's making the trip to our wedding and has bought a dress to be a bridesmaid so I feel like she's spent enough on us.

#9 Sue

Sue
                  • 86 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Engraved champagne glasses

#10 Flasong

Flasong
                    • 340 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

I think your idea of the engraved picture frame with their proposal pic in it would be nice...she can display it proudly! Every time she looks at it, she will smile. I have a pic of our proposal hanging on the wall...its not engraved but it came from Discovery Cove where he proposed:) I love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users