Photo

Do I need to pre-pay hair/makeup?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

michelle6114
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Barbie (the WC) for Sandals keeps calling and asking for $$$$. The most recent being that I cannot pre-book my hair and makeup appt on my wedding day, unless I give her my credit card to charge now. Is this true? All these last minute expenses are adding up so this will be a crunch month. Will they really have nothing available if I wait until I get there to make an appt? She makes it seem like everything has to be done now.

#2 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
    • 856 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

I booked my hair and make-up ahead of time. However, I can't seem them being that busy if you wait until you get there to book.

#3 eec129

eec129
      • 108 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

I am getting married at a Sandals also, and it does say that in the wedding info., which I had also noticed. I don't know why that is! One thing I saw is if you add up all of the services in the bridal package, they are actually cheaper a la carte, but with the package, you get a trial.
        44 booked plus bride and groom!

http://img.weddingco...er/zva23vtt.png

#4 rn71klp

rn71klp
        • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

i am getting married 10-22 at montego bay,i was just wondering about the hair appt myself....know what you mean about crunch time.was also hoping to pay when we arrive,let me know if you hear anything

#5 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
          • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

I suggest pre booking as a way to ensure that you have the best time slot in relation to your wedding - the spa's at most of the Sandals /Beaches resorts have only one or two chairs for hair & make-up! Sooooo.......if someone else books that time ( could even be one of your wedding guests- I've had it happen!) then you could be offered a time slot that would be way earlier than what you would like ( say 11am for a 4pm wedding) !

Another advatage is the time saver- do you really want to spend a couple of hrs booking and confirming all of your wedding extras and appoinments ( and hoping that they can be accommodated) while you are on vacation? Personally I try to pre book as much as I can prior to going- I want to relax and have fun while away- not be stuck booking things! But that's just me!

#6 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
            • 5,521 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

now has anyone seen pictures of their work or know from experience how well they do hair and makeup?

#7 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
              • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

There are lots of reviews on the forum where the brides had hair & make up done at the resort.

Definately bring pictures for the stylist to work from ( I'd encourage that whenever your working with a new stylist anywhere though!) !

Quote:
                Originally Posted by future_mrs2010
                now has anyone seen pictures of their work or know from experience how well they do hair and makeup?

#8 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
                • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

Michelle

I booked mine about 2 weeks before my wedding. I didn't do a trail run. I brought a picture and was very pleased with my style. I added makeup at the last minute. Just pay to get your hair done for that day. And if you need make up or a trail run schedule it when you get there. I agree Barbie can be very pushy.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....da94/event.png

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#9 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                  • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KathleenandDan
                    Michelle

I booked mine about 2 weeks before my wedding. I didn't do a trail run. I brought a picture and was very pleased with my style. I added makeup at the last minute. Just pay to get your hair done for that day. And if you need make up or a trail run schedule it when you get there. I agree Barbie can be very pushy.
                    did they accomodate you in a timely fashion? I want all my girls to be done plus me and makeup!

#10 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                    • 419 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

I prepaid for mine yet when I got there I was did not have a scheduled time yet so I questioned why I was pushed to prepay. I really never got a direct answer but with the time worked out ok. The plus side is, I was married on a Sunday so the spa was not that busy. If you are getting married on a Saturday or whatever I would make sure they have you scheduled before you go just to make sure you have the time that works best for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users