Barcelo Maya Palace vs Grand Palladium vs Iberostar Parisio Maya

Hi,

We have been working with our travel agent and I think we narrowed it down to three; Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Iberostar Parisio Maya. I have been able to find a ton of information about the Grand Palladium and am trying to get a comparison of the other in the following areas:

1.) Quality of the food

2.) Ambiance/Atmosphere of the resort

3.) Are the rooms nice?

4.) Types of daytime activities

5.) How do the evening shows compare

6.) How private are the weddings on the beach?

7.) Are the receptions in a private area and what are the like?

I would love to hear how you think the three compare.

smile03.gif

Hi,

I can't say anything about the other two resorts, but I have been to the Palladium before and because of our great experience there (best place I've stayed at, and I've been to Mexico six times), we are getting married there next year. The resort is gorgeous.

To answer your questions- Food was absolutely awesome, rooms were very nice and the entire resort is very clean. Service was also amazing. We snorkelled quite a bit while there (free), and they have lots of other free activities (as most reosrts do, and I'm sure the other two you mentioned do as well).

Apparently, the beach location for weddings is quite private, but a private reception would depend on your numbers.

We had originally been trying to get a legal ceremony in April at the Palladium, and were not able to (has to be on a Thursday for us), and I did look in to booking at the Barcelo Maya instead as I have heard good things about that one as well from people I know. The reason we decided to move back the wedding by another month so we could be at the Palladium was because Barcelo Maya did not allow outside photographers. If this is not a big deal for you, then lucky for you! Photography was very important to us though, and I definitely did not want one chosen for us.

Don't know much about the Iberostar.

Good luck with your choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews View Post
Hi,
We have been working with our travel agent and I think we narrowed it down to three; Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Iberostar Parisio Maya. I have been able to find a ton of information about the Grand Palladium and am trying to get a comparison of the other in the following areas:

1.) Quality of the food
2.) Ambiance/Atmosphere of the resort
3.) Are the rooms nice?
4.) Types of daytime activities
5.) How do the evening shows compare
6.) How private are the weddings on the beach?
7.) Are the receptions in a private area and what are the like?

I would love to hear how you think the three compare.
smile03.gif
I've been researching Barcelo all summer long & have had nothing but great results! We've decided to get married there 12-28-2010. My info comes from other brides that had their wedding at the resort & my parents (who stayed there last winter.) Sorry i don't have any info on the other resorts you've listed...
They've said the food was EXCELLENT (and top shelf liquor is available upon request!) The rooms, atmosphere & service were great. Be patient with the wedding coordinators, as they take quite a while to get back to you, BUT your wedding will go smoothly-they are pros. Beach weddings are not totally private, but i've been advised to have an evening wedding to avoid crowds during mid-day beach rush. There are several reception sites: some on beach with private service, some in reception halls, & some are held in the restaurants. I've seen photos of beach receptions & they are beautiful! You can rent out any extras you'd like, but they come with beautiful tables/chairs & a microphone with big speakers.
The one complaint i've heard over & over is that you must either: a. use the resort's photographer or b. pay to have your photographer stay as a guest for 1 night.
Hope this was helpful! Good luck!