Photo

Veil?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Is there a thread for veils? I think I want a one tiered elbow length veil with some rhinestones on it. I REALLY want to buy it now because good deals can be found on ebay BUT I don't even have my dress!! I'm sure there will still be deal after I get my dress. What is everybody else doing? Veil? No veil? What kind? Thanks!

#2 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
    • 432 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

I am going with no veil. My hair does not hold a curl so I will have an up do with a beaded comb.

Dea

#3 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
      • 174 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

I had myself convinced that i did not want a veil. I thought that since we were doing the destination wedding thing, that it would be more relaxed and i view a veil as being very traditional.
        When i first tried my dress on i thought it looked great without one. Then my mom convinced me to just try it, and I actually ended up loving it. It just added that finishing touch for me. So i ended up getting one, but i told my mom if it starts blowing around everywhere during the ceremony, for her to get ready to catch it, b.c it will be tossed in her direction if it gets annoying. So i guess you never know until you try it.
        My veil has a beaded comb, going to have it set lower down on my head not right on top. It falls to about my elbow and is double tiered.
        It should be nice but i am still anxious to get it to start practicing potential hairstyles to see if I still want to wear it :)

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

Check out this thread : http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2577

#5 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PetitRouge
            I had myself convinced that i did not want a veil. I thought that since we were doing the destination wedding thing, that it would be more relaxed and i view a veil as being very traditional.
            When i first tried my dress on i thought it looked great without one. Then my mom convinced me to just try it, and I actually ended up loving it. It just added that finishing touch for me. So i ended up getting one, but i told my mom if it starts blowing around everywhere during the ceremony, for her to get ready to catch it, b.c it will be tossed in her direction if it gets annoying. So i guess you never know until you try it.
            My veil has a beaded comb, going to have it set lower down on my head not right on top. It falls to about my elbow and is double tiered.
            It should be nice but i am still anxious to get it to start practicing potential hairstyles to see if I still want to wear it :)
            Haha yeah. I felt the same way initially - was just going to do a flower or pretty comb or something. But then I got convinced that I would miss one - it kinda just completes the look. Though I don't want a big bulky, long one. Or to have it over my face...

#6 shellk

shellk
            • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

hi fellow feb bride.im not having a veil but like you say the deals will still be there when you have found your dress.or if they are such a deal (cheap) then can you afford to but it but not use it?i would wait unless you see one that you really like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users