Marrying in Cabo Over the Summer?

Hey everyone,

My fiancé and I are trying to decide if the summer (specifically July) is a bad time of year to marry in Cabo, especially for an outdoor ceremony and reception? It seems that the temps are way too high to be comfortable, unless perhaps we did a sunset ceremony and reception? Also, is rain a concern that time of year? From some research I did it doesn't look like rain is too much of a problem, but perhaps those of you with experience can share your thoughts!

Thanks much,

K

I am getting married in July ...and am a little worried about this as well. However, I am a teacher so my choice of month is fairly limited and I figure, July is probably not as hot as August. I've already had an aunt and uncle say they are not coming because it will be too hot. Even though it will be smokin, it will still be a fabulous day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Angela~ View Post
I am getting married in July ...and am a little worried about this as well. However, I am a teacher so my choice of month is fairly limited and I figure, July is probably not as hot as August. I've already had an aunt and uncle say they are not coming because it will be too hot. Even though it will be smokin, it will still be a fabulous day!!!!
Absolutely!!!!!!!!! No matter what month you get married, it will be fabulous in Cabo! Your aunt and uncle will for sure be missing out on a fun and great wedding!!!!!

Hi All!

We were just married on August 20th! We stayed in Cabo from the 15th-29th. We did have an outdoors ceremony, and reception. Ceremony didn't start until 6pm. Sunset was around 7:50pm.

I will say that every day there it was 37-40 degrees celcius, and very humid.

We got used to it after a couple days.

The wedding was fabulous, and as long as you don't mind your hair going flat after a couple hours, you will LOVE it!

We did have fans out for the ceremony, and everyone used them!

We were supposed to get married in May, but had to change dates after the swine flu thing. I googled the actual temp there for May when we were supposed to get married, and it was the same as it was in August. The weather will be what it is. I wouldn't stress about it!

As for rain, we asked how often it rains in Cabo, and were told 2-3 days per year. Usually rains in late August... it rained the very last day we were there (29th).

Good luck on your planning, and regardless of when you go, you will have the time of your life! :)

We are getting married the end of June... I am also a teacher and had little flexibility with my schedule. I am having it at the outside gazebo at Dreams and requesting my guests be seated in the shade. I was told May and June were the best months to get married because of the weather. It's suppose to obviously be hot but it's a different hot than most of us are thinking. It's not the humid Mexico hotness but more of a California hotness (hence the Baja location). Cabo is very breezy which helps. I also had my friend and her husband express concerns for how hot it would be and I just explained that there are always options of being in the pool, under shade, in AC room, etc. What would we do if we were in our hometown and it was blazing hot? Go in the AC. It's no different. After our little debate, they've now decided to make the trip! :) It's about traveling for a wedding and spending time with friends/family. It's going to be an amazing time regardless of the temp.

I did just speak with Suzanne Morel tonight and asked how the weather was lately. She mentioned they got a lot of rain last week but it was due to the hurricane. You should be fine for July but I would not recommend having a wedding in August or September from what she told me. I'm sure it would be fine but you never want to take the chances of poor weather during your wedding.

Hey you guys, thanks for all the responses! I'm in grad school right now, so like the teachers commented, I'm sort of stuck with the times I can do it, and the next big enough break I have is next summer. I technically am out of school in mid-May next year though, but we were planning to move to NYC June 1st, so I was trying to give myself enough time between these two events. Perhaps though it might be better to have an early June wedding, and move after we get back from our honeymoon? Not a pleasant thing to look forward to, but we'd probably get a few degrees cooler in the temps?

Anyway, thanks for all the help, and I'll let you know what we decide! YAY for summer 2010 brides. :)

k.