Photo

OOT Bags - for everyone?? Or one per couple?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 DRod0214

DRod0214
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

i am doing per couple, and i am stuck in the same boat for the single guys and am doing either string bags for everyone and adding special details inside that match each couple, person. My questions is: is anyone sending this before or when they are going down; i have my office full of boxes to stuff this and am worried on the day i leave that i won't be able to fit it all in a certain amount of luggage bags.
    Diane

#12 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
    • 997 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

I've heard about a nice idea....if you're guests live close by then you can drop the bags off the week before departure. That way you're suitcase isn't packed full and also your guests can bring what they chose to bring and your guests are suprised having to squeeze an extra bag of items into their suitcases! I think I'm going to try that way of doing things. I like the idea of two bags but will probably go with one, do gus really carry the bag? :)

#13 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

I'm going to do 1 bag per couple, and then for the two children they will each have their own bag full of sand pail and water shoes, games, and other stuff.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#14 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Ladies for your input!! Totally appreciate all your help!. Now I just have to figure out when Im going to give it to them.

#15 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

I did one per couple. I had a few singles, and in those cases I gave them thier own bag. We only had two kids, so I gave them thier own bags - modified slightly to suit them (e.g., I included some sand toys).
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#16 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
            • 734 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jennybell1
              Thanks Ladies for your input!! Totally appreciate all your help!. Now I just have to figure out when Im going to give it to them.
              We're having a welcome cocktail party and handing them out then. But I'm still not sure what Im doing for the single guys that are going.....
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#17 blumenthale

blumenthale
              • 242 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

I am planning on doing one per couple

#18 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

Same as the other girls except my FI suggested giving our single guys (mainly the groomsmen only) messenger bags which I thought was a pretty good idea actually.

Or you could always get the cheap bag for the guys, a paper one might even suffice for those not planning to reuse it.

#19 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
                  • 160 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

One bag per couple with doubles and a separte bag for any singles and the kiddies

#20 Jenna20

Jenna20
                    • 314 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

I'm doing one per couple/Family...and then customizing slightly if there are kids. As for when to give them out, if you are having a welcome cocktail or reception or even plan to get together as a group upon arrival that would be a great time. Ive heard of others giving them at a rehearsal dinner if you plan to have your wedding at the beginning of the trip vs the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users