DIY key/tip holder question

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 autjo

autjo
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

Glad I could help
    autjo - That website is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!! The wrist coils are the cheapest I have found so it's perfect, thank you! :)

Also, I keep debating on luggage tags... do you just give them to people in the OOT bag or before?

#22 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

double post

#23 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        I just received my shipment of these and I'm a little worried they might be too small... a standard size business card just barely fits and I'm not sure if a hotel key will fit in them We'll just have to wait and see! We're going away this weekend, so I will take one to check if the hotel key fits.

#24 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by amygirl1169
          I just received my shipment of these and I'm a little worried they might be too small... a standard size business card just barely fits and I'm not sure if a hotel key will fit in them We'll just have to wait and see! We're going away this weekend, so I will take one to check if the hotel key fits.
          Good call. Please keep us posted!!!

#25 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

Amy I too had the same fear when I received mine!

I got my VistaPrint business cards so I did a trial run, put in a business card & my security key card from work (same size as electronic room keys) & 6 $1 bills folded up and it all fit! No problem!

I was totally shocked but it works :)

#26 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

Oohhh, good to hear. I was starting to worry I had a big pile of useless plastic! Phew!

#27 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

I bought the same ones had that fear when they arrived all stuck together and barely able to open!!! But tried it out like KittenHeart and everything fit.
                Phew!

#28 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Haha! I love that we all bought the same ones and the same fear =)

Yes I really love them now, I have one made sitting on my dining room table and I smile at it every time I walk by :)

#29 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                  • 661 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

I bought the around the neck key holders to use instead of the clips or coil wrist band as I have use the other ones before and didnt like them too much. They kept bugging my wrist and the clip snagged my bathing suit on a number of occasions. So I opted for the teathers. I now have to track down the plastic key holders as they are expensive here in Canada.....ugh! lol

#30 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SuzyQ76
                      I was thinking the clip too, and they are cheap, I found them on ebay...I think the bracelet will be a little bulky, and the clips are pretty sturdy once clipped on clothes so I think they'll work great - they'll just remind me of another day at the office!!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by merocket59
                      I used open ones and they didn't fall out, and I used the mini key clip holders from OTC and they worked great, they are small but perfect for clipping on to clothes.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      Haha! I love that we all bought the same ones and the same fear =)
                      Suzy! I was looking at some of these online too! The ones I saw were: D-shaped and circle shaped and these ones you can select which colour(s) you want as well.

BUT, the mixed colour lot from Oriental Trading Company are quite a bit cheaper. I'm just not sure if they are quite big enough to clip onto the handles of travel mugs like I wanted!! Maybe if there are a couple of us that have different colours, we could split them between us? I'd prefer purple the most, and would go for the blue or black as second choices...

merocket59 - It took me a few minutes to figure out what OTC stood for but I got it! I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not they'd be able to clip on to the handle of a travel mug though... most of my guests won't be going anywhere on the resort without their mugs and keys so why not have them attached together!?! Thanks!

Kittenheart - I'm in the same club worrying about whether those key holders would be the right size!! I'm relieved to hear that they should fit everything we need. Originally I wasn't going to do luggage tags but now that a site with the little plastic luggage loops was posted (luggage tag loops) then I just might have to order some MORE key holders just for those!! LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users