Photo

Wedding Co-ordinator gift?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 chicklet

chicklet
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

I agree to wait until after the wedding is over to give her a tip. Make sure you are satisfied with the job he or she did.

#12 Moonrhea

Moonrhea
    • 153 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

Wow, really good question, I had not thought about this. I think I'll plan on giving her money, I'll decide the amount after the wedding.

#13 jenjoe08

jenjoe08
      • 67 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

We gave ours a necklace from Tiffany when we first arrived (to keep her motivated ;-) and then a cash tip with a thank you note the day that we departed.

#14 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

We did not give a tip....

Its not that Chandlyn and Nikki were bad. They were good at taking instruction. BUT I did all the planning, all of the research, all of the cotnact with my TA (who also played the roll of my wedding planner - arrangements for the cake, etc), found and hired a great photog (and paid the day pass), put all the paper lanterns together and brought them to her, put all the favors together....it goes on and on.

On the wedding day, they did set up the chairs for me....

For the reception, they did the setup with some of the resort staff, but my SILs decorated my cake and set out half the stuff instead of relaxing after the wedding.

When we asked Chandlyn numerous times to take down our 30 lanterns the next day. they weren't taken down. Then it rained....and they all got ruined (as well as the batteries).

So all in all, they did their jobs. Nothing more, nothing less.

But we DID tip our fabulous waitstaff both the night of our rehearsal dinner, as well as our wedding (who were the ones who had to take apart the entire reception area, bag everything up and drag it to Chandlyn's office). And our amazing bartender. So the ones who were SO deserving got the cash!

#15 isaidyes

isaidyes
          • 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

I wasn't actually planning on tipping but after reading these tips I am pondering it. Is there anyone else we should be tipping?

#16 TeNeil

TeNeil
            • 192 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:31 AM

I had read a suggestion on this forum to tip half the amount to your WC when you first meet her at the resort (motivation for her to go above and beyond) and then the remainder of the tip after the wedding (when you know that everything was a success).
              I think that this is what we will do/

#17 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
              • 333 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for sharing ladies! I didn't even think about it since my resort is all inclusive, but i'm glad I read this. i don't want to be rude or leave anyone out!
                ~Christina~

#18 kerrij

kerrij
                • 300 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

Well in my opinion, i wouldn't call it at Tip. I'd call it a gift, even if it's cash. But i do plan on giving my WC a gift. she has been great so far. Mayb a nice little gift and some cash.

Hmmm...but what currency? Jamaican dollars or US?

#19 edSweety

edSweety
                  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

i am glad this came up i will surely do this. Nicole has been good so far and we havent even gotten there yet.
                    My wedding Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    http://bestdestinati....wedding-53621/

#20 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                    • 547 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kerrij
                      Well in my opinion, i wouldn't call it at Tip. I'd call it a gift, even if it's cash. But i do plan on giving my WC a gift. she has been great so far. Mayb a nice little gift and some cash.

Hmmm...but what currency? Jamaican dollars or US?
                      Kerrij give US$$$$, they really use it more than Jamaican. Our first time in Jamaica we got Jamaican currency and they rarely use it so they didn't even know how to convert it from the US price when we went shopping! Although I think the hassel led to us getting better deals! LOL But go with American, they understand it!!!
                      *~*JENN*~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users