Photo

Sparklers allowed!?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 abbyroldan@yahoo.com

abbyroldan@yahoo.com
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

Does anyone know if I would be allowed to bring sparklers to Jamica for my wedding? Would anyone know the laws and policies for use of sparklers on resort sites, on grass and sand? To the resort? On the airplane? I would love for my guest to have them as favors to use in the evening as we are celebrating. And where would be a great cheap place to get them?

Abby
    Ms. Abby

#2 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
    • 475 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

While I suspected sparklers would not be permitted by the airlines, I did a quick check. From reading the US Airways (as an example) site, I would assume that the airlines are not going to allow sparklers.
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#3 karenk77

karenk77
      • 369 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

I know i asked our hotel if we could have either fireworks or sparklers they said no because if something should ever happen they dont want to assume responsibility.
        hopefully yours will allow..but as far as i know they are strict with that stuff

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

I'm pretty sure you can not fly down w/sparklers. You should ask your hotel #1 if they allow fireworks and #2 if maybe they could buy them for you.

#5 Sun Gold Photography

Sun Gold Photography
          • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

In Jamaica you can get sparklers from the following:

My contact for fireworks and explosives is Mr. Desroy Shields (located in Kingston )

Number: 754-3473 or 997-1315

#6 Meitra

Meitra
            • 249 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sun Gold Photography
              In Jamaica you can get sparklers from the following:

My contact for fireworks and explosives is Mr. Desroy Shields (located in Kingston )

Number: 754-3473 or 997-1315
              Thanks! Do you know if fireworks shows are allowed in Jamaica? I would love to have that at our reception :)
              Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#7 kimberly333

kimberly333
              • 283 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Good Question......Fire works would be really cool. I saw it mentioned in another post but the wedding were in Cabo not Jamaica.

#8 dmob

dmob
                • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

I checked about fireworks for my daughter's Jamaican wedding, $5000 for either 15 seconds or 5 minutes (I can't remember the time frame now), anywho, outside of budget so we are going with sparklers. Can not bring into Jamaica, so going through resort for the sparklers.

#9 katelynn

katelynn
                  • 414 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Another bride on here somewhere brought them to her wedding...but from what she said they arent allowed but customs didnt find them so she had them for her wedding- which is a bit scary.
                    Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#10 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                    • 188 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

I wanted to bring sparklers down for my wedding as well (from the Dollar Store - super affordable!) but found out that we couldn't fly with them.  I hope it works out for you!  It really would be beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users