Sign in to follow this  
abbyroldan@yahoo.com

Sparklers allowed!?

Does anyone know if I would be allowed to bring sparklers to Jamica for my wedding? Would anyone know the laws and policies for use of sparklers on resort sites, on grass and sand? To the resort? On the airplane? I would love for my guest to have them as favors to use in the evening as we are celebrating. And where would be a great cheap place to get them?

Abby

While I suspected sparklers would not be permitted by the airlines, I did a quick check. From reading the US Airways (as an example) site, I would assume that the airlines are not going to allow sparklers.

I know i asked our hotel if we could have either fireworks or sparklers they said no because if something should ever happen they dont want to assume responsibility.

hopefully yours will allow..but as far as i know they are strict with that stuff sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Gold Photography View Post
In Jamaica you can get sparklers from the following:

My contact for fireworks and explosives is Mr. Desroy Shields (located in Kingston )

Number: 754-3473 or 997-1315
Thanks! Do you know if fireworks shows are allowed in Jamaica? I would love to have that at our reception :)

I checked about fireworks for my daughter's Jamaican wedding, $5000 for either 15 seconds or 5 minutes (I can't remember the time frame now), anywho, outside of budget so we are going with sparklers. Can not bring into Jamaica, so going through resort for the sparklers.

Another bride on here somewhere brought them to her wedding...but from what she said they arent allowed but customs didnt find them so she had them for her wedding- which is a bit scary.

I wanted to bring sparklers down for my wedding as well (from the Dollar Store - super affordable!) but found out that we couldn't fly with them.  I hope it works out for you!  It really would be beautiful!