Chapel at Barcelo Maya Palace???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 t&kJanuary2010

• 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

Okay I am hoping someone can help... Many months ago when my FI and I started this process we were kind of bummed that we would have to give up a catholic ceremony because we were told Barcelo only does catholic ceremonies in the chapel and the priest is not available on Saturdays. So we moved on and never began pre-marriage classes with in the church because we were just having a legal wedding instead. I am not a confirmed catholic my FI is, I decided to began RCIA anyway so that I understood the church better and would be able to teach our children...one day! Anyway so I started asking questions again since I have more of a contact with my WC at Barcelo before it was my Travel Agent asking the questions. Any way...now that I have babbled...does anyone know the rules? Is there weddings in the chapel on Saturdays? Is the chapel pretty?? PLEASE HELP!

#2 FutureMrs.D

• 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hey T&K,
      I have seen pictures of the chapel, and it looks really beautiful.. as for the rules though, I'm not sure... If you're not getting any answers via email, I would suggest calling the resort directly.. that's what I did to get them to reserve my date.. and once I spoke to Gabriela, it was taken care of within 5 minutes.. let me know if you need the number to call! You might also want to check out the unofficial barcelo website...? might have some information on there...

#3 nya2010

• 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

I just visited Barcelo last week on my scouting trip and the chapel is very nice, highly considering it. And yes you can have a Saturday wedding just not at 6pm

#4 t&kJanuary2010

• 196 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Why not at 6pm? Is there a mass at that time? I heard back from Gabriela and see gave us a 3:00pm time...but my FI thinks that is much to early. Our orginal time was 5pm but that was for a legal ceremony. What do I do

Furture Mrs. D,

The number would be great. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users