Jump to content

Photo

SK-II foundation? Best foundation?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 finzup

finzup
  • Jr. Member
  • 468 posts

    Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:16 AM

    Hi, has anyone here used the SK-II foundation?? It's VERY spendy but from what I read/hear it makes your complexion flawless...

    SK-II - Air-Touch Foundation .16 oz. - Saks.com


    If you haven't tried the SK-II, do you have any other recommendations for the "perfect" foundation? I have tried the Dior spray foundation but didn't find it to be the "perfect" foundation....
    *******************************

    -Katie
    Have you met Alice?
    http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

    #2 finzup

    finzup
    • Jr. Member
    • 468 posts

      Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

      Ok so nobody's tried the SK-II but which foundation do you gals recommend for medium coverage, and that will look good in a photo?? I have tried the smashbox photo finish and don't like it..
      i'm really liking my korres foundation now but unsure how it will hold up on my wedding day...
      *******************************

      -Katie
      Have you met Alice?
      http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

      #3 karenk77

      karenk77
      • Jr. Member
      • 369 posts

        Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

        I use shiseido powder which is amazing they have like a powder/foundation compact and it works wonders..hides every little blemish..maybe go to saks or actually macys carries it too and have them try it on you.

        #4 poohshek

        poohshek
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,456 posts

          Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

          Cosmetics is a very personal choice. It is really hard to say one brand is necessarily better than others. As long as it works for your skin and you feel confident/comfortable wearing it, that's the line of make up products for you. I have tried Shiseido, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani cosmetics over the years. Giorgio Armani is my choice for the big day.

          #5 inspiredfyre

          inspiredfyre
          • Jr. Member
          • 304 posts

            Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:21 AM

            there's another great thread going on this, i will try to find it! The trick is to not have foundation with talc in it, as it gives your face a white tint, no matter how tan you are! It's awful!

            I went to sephora and mac the other day, and went nuts! I ended up using a newer line called Cargo, and got their mattifying primer, with just their blu-ray powder. No foundation, and the coverage is fantastic! I did end up going with make up forever foundation just in case, which is also very photo friendly. Only smashbox, cargo, and make up forever are really formulated for photography...i even took pictures with my normal every day origins make up, and my newer make up to see the difference. origins is great during everyday use, but is definitely lighter and shinier in pictures! I can't believe i didn't find this out til now! Mac isn't bad, I ended up getting my eye make up there, because it was a little less pricey!

            I hope this helps. I hear amazing things about laura mercier, but unfortunately, the girls at sephora said it probably won't do the trick for the wedding! Also, they said the stay on power of Cargo is fantastic, and so far i'd agree...i've been wearing it for a few days to get used to it.

            The absolute no no is bare minerals. That stuff not only broke me out, but has a high level of light reflecting "minerals" as well! :)
            _____________________________________________

            -Sharon

            http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

            #6 inspiredfyre

            inspiredfyre
            • Jr. Member
            • 304 posts

              Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

              check out this link!

              http://bestdestinati....079#post791664

              i hope i posted that right!
              _____________________________________________

              -Sharon

              http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

              #7 lulucarmen

              lulucarmen
              • Newbie
              • 32 posts

                Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by inspiredfyre
                The absolute no no is bare minerals. That stuff not only broke me out, but has a high level of light reflecting "minerals" as well! :)
                Funny that you say this, I have been using bare minerals for 3 years and have had absolutely no trouble with it in photos..never broken out from it either. I guess everyone is different though! For me, I love it because it feels so light!

                #8 finzup

                finzup
                • Jr. Member
                • 468 posts

                  Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by inspiredfyre
                  there's another great thread going on this, i will try to find it! The trick is to not have foundation with talc in it, as it gives your face a white tint, no matter how tan you are! It's awful!

                  I went to sephora and mac the other day, and went nuts! I ended up using a newer line called Cargo, and got their mattifying primer, with just their blu-ray powder. No foundation, and the coverage is fantastic! I did end up going with make up forever foundation just in case, which is also very photo friendly. Only smashbox, cargo, and make up forever are really formulated for photography...i even took pictures with my normal every day origins make up, and my newer make up to see the difference. origins is great during everyday use, but is definitely lighter and shinier in pictures! I can't believe i didn't find this out til now! Mac isn't bad, I ended up getting my eye make up there, because it was a little less pricey!

                  I hope this helps. I hear amazing things about laura mercier, but unfortunately, the girls at sephora said it probably won't do the trick for the wedding! Also, they said the stay on power of Cargo is fantastic, and so far i'd agree...i've been wearing it for a few days to get used to it.

                  The absolute no no is bare minerals. That stuff not only broke me out, but has a high level of light reflecting "minerals" as well! :)

                  Thank you ! I will check out cargo next time I am at Sephora. (BTW Sephora friends and family is coming up soon (early this year)... 20% off everything Oct.19-Nov.2
                  code: FF2009
                  *******************************

                  -Katie
                  Have you met Alice?
                  http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

                  #9 poohshek

                  poohshek
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,456 posts

                    Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

                    Converting to Shu Uemura on my big day. Here's what I am using for foundation:

                    1. Base Control - $22.50
                    2. Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation - $42.00

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by poohshek
                    Cosmetics is a very personal choice. It is really hard to say one brand is necessarily better than others. As long as it works for your skin and you feel confident/comfortable wearing it, that's the line of make up products for you. I have tried Shiseido, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani cosmetics over the years. Giorgio Armani is my choice for the big day.


                    #10 IrishgirlinNY

                    IrishgirlinNY
                    • Member
                    • 938 posts

                      Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lulucarmen
                      Funny that you say this, I have been using bare minerals for 3 years and have had absolutely no trouble with it in photos..never broken out from it either. I guess everyone is different though! For me, I love it because it feels so light!
                      I actually have been using bare escentuals for about 5 years now and love it too. I love the bisque. It is more of a cover up powder, but I use it as a foundation and finish with mineral veil. I am very pale and have some red on my face and it covers it flawlessly.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users