Fillable Table?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ashly87

ashly87
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

Hey ladies!

I was reading this month's copy of "Brides" magazine and came across what I thought was a GREAT idea for an AHR...fillable tables! they are clear tables (not sure if they're glass, plastic or what) but the tabletop part is basically like a rectangular "box" and in the magazine, it was filled with flowers and petals. I thought this was a wonderful, unique idea (you could even put in some starfish,etc. to go with the destination wedding theme) but I can't find any information on fillable tables! In the magazine, the company who created the look was signatureeventrentals.com, but they don't list prices on their website and considering I'm in Illinois and they're in New York, I highly doubt that's doable. Anyone heard of anything like this?
    "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#2 Lara

Lara
    • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Wow...very cool idea. I've never heard/seen anything like that. Looks like they might be really expensive, though, huh?

#3 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
      • 553 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

I love this idea!!! But I'm with Lara, I would say thats pretty expensive :S
        But wicked idea just the same!! Your guests would never have seen that before!!

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

I'm a caterer and event planner. Those tables are incredibly expensive because they are usually custom made. The ones for rent are shipped in from a bigger city,so you have to pay fright on top of rental, at least in my experience.

You can DIY them by covering your table with whatever kind of decoration, use plexiglass spacers to create height and then a sheet of plexiglass on top as a cover.

If you really want to do this I would look at doing one or two key tables like the cake table or the bridal table.

#5 ashly87

ashly87
          • 120 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the advice Erin! Great idea on using plexiglass
            "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#6 ~Angela~

~Angela~
            • 4,172 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Very cool idea!! I can see how it would be expensive, but just find someone handy and I bet you can make your own for considerably cheaper.

#7 ~Angela~

~Angela~
              • 4,172 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Very cool idea!! I can see how it would be expensive, but just find someone handy and I bet you can make your own for considerably cheaper.

#8 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
                • 168 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

cool idea! might try and work it in.

#9 punkie569

punkie569
                  • 255 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Very cool idea and I like Erin's idea of doing your own and just do key tables. A cake would look awesome on a table like that.
                    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#10 tracyann

tracyann
                    • 189 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Love the idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users