Vote for your destination!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

We chose Riu Ocho Rios Hotel in Ocho Rios Jamaica cuz...

1. Neither of us have been to Jamaica
    2. It's not too far
    3. Economical
    4. Beautiful

I was deciding between Mexico & Jamaica. The downfall with Mexico was the extra days stay & the blood tests.

Therese & Jay
    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#42 beachbride08

• VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

We picked Riviera Maya based on our TA's suggestion. We were looking at Grand Cayman initially, but it was too expensive. We also considered California or Vegas, but we have both there. Neither of us have been to Playa del Carmen, but I have been to the surrounding areas of Mexico.

#43 KarenON

• 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

We chose Punta Cana on a recommendation from our DW travel agent. We saw pictures of the beautiful wedding gazebo within the property and that was it for us. It's a little scary though as neither of us have been to PC before. We had wanted to go to the Mayan Riviera as that's my favourite resort area but it was pricey for the resort we really wanted and for guests to be able to afford to join us we had to keep looking.

#44 reyna

• 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

We chose Cabo because we both had never been there and wanted to cut the guest list from 400 to 100 and of course we wanted to have a very memorable wedding.

#45 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

We chose Punta Cana because fi's family (and most of mine) had all been to Mexico. We wanted somewhere different but also wanted an all-inclusive. As soon as I saw the white sand beach, I knew that's what I wanted.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#46 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:55 AM

We chose Jamaica after recommendations from family who had been to Jamaica, DR, and various places in Mexico. Also, it sounded like a fun destination that the majority of guests hadn't been to. We knew we wanted an all-inclusive, that was budget friendly for our family and college age friends. After seeing pictures of Riu Ocho Rios and reading some of the reviews on this board, I knew ROR was the place for us! (and luckily my wonderful fiance is letting me do pretty much whatever I want as long as he agrees).

#47 GeminiLibra

• 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

We chose Jamaica because we wanted a really small intimate wedding with people that we wanted to be there (FI's family is HUGE!) It is affordable to us and our guests and we just wanted nothing to do with a traditional wedding. Oh and we wanted to party and celebrate for a week on the sandy beach!

#48 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Im the only one getting married in FIji

#49 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

We chose Cuba! Firstly because it is an incredibly friendly and clean country.

Secondly, because they LOVE Canadians!

Thirdly, becuase the beaches are absolutely pristine!!!!

We can't wait!

#50 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

We chose Punta Cana because of the beautiful white beaches and the reasonable prices for our guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users