Vote for your destination!
Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:12 PM
1. We love, love, love Mexico.
2. We had never been to Cabo.
3. All of my co-workers (who are from Mexico) recommended it.
4. It is a destination that is easy to get to from different areas of the U.S.
5. It offers many activities, such as golf, fishing, etc. that will be enjoyable for our friends and family.
6. It's beautiful!
Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:33 PM
Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:02 PM
Plus the BVI is beautiful, not overly developed and is a sailing mecca which we both love. The other great things were that even though it is another country they use the US dollar for their currency, English is the official language-so low threshold for those that aren't used to international travel.
We found this great, small hotel with a world renowned restaurant so that clinched it, and we can do some island hopping for our honeymoon since we're already in the Caribbean.
Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:09 PM
1. I have always wanted to go there
2. a family member goes twice a year and recommened the hotel he stays at
3. a friend just moved there and we have a US contact
4. it was a very affordable trip for everyone
5. rainforests and beaches, so much to do!!
Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:01 PM
1. It is a relatively short flight from the east coast.
2. It is affordable for our guests.
3. We didn't want to do "traditional" b/c both of our dads have passed away.
4. Mike has been to 2 weddings there and loved it.
5. It seems like one big party and that's what we want our wedding to be!
Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:42 PM
We chose PV mainly because Joe really wanted to go there. After months of searching locations PV was the one we both agreed on. And since it was our first vacation together it had some sentimental value as well.
Aslo, we wanted a private beach and were finding that it was practically impossible to get one. Once we found out Las Caletas privided a private beach in this beautiful location we were sold!
Also, Mexico was a top runner because it was affordalbe for guests, and we love mexico!!
Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:19 AM
We wanted to get married someplace other than our hometown, St. Paul, and couldn't ask our family (all of whom live paycheck to paycheck) to fly some place outside of the US. That and we really aren't "beach" people.
We thought about Charleston, SC and Vegas as well. We settled on Tahoe because it is beautiful. As luck would have it we may end up getting married on the beach because of the size of our group.
Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:01 PM
We chose Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort because it's a great AI and includes our welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, et al.; affordable for us and our guests; a short flight for our east coast guests; and b/c we LOVE Jamaican food.
Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:25 PM
We chosed the Coco Reef Resort for our wedding, due to the beautiful wooden walkway down to the beach. The first time I saw it online I knew that was where I wanted to get married.
Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users