Photo

Has anyone done a "polaroid"-esque guest book?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

Hi!

I want to do an instant-photo guest book and found some great handmade options on etsy, but now that polaroids (or at least the film) are harder and harder to find, I wanted to see if anyone had success with the FUJI version (FujiFilm Instax 200 is what I found online) or another option?
    http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

I am using the original Polaroids - I got film last year and my WC is lending me her camera for the night. Do you have links for any of the good book options from etsy? I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for.

#3 pbandj2010

pbandj2010
      • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

The Knot Wedding Shop also has photo guest books - both for instant Polariod types and for prints. Here is a link to one of them, but you can search for the others. They have several colors and sizes of photos.

Wedding Favors - Wedding Favor - Wedding Favors Ideas)

I really want to do something like this too. A signature book seems so plain. I think a picture guest book will really capture better memories from the day.

#4 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
        • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

I honestly don't even know where to find polaroid film anymore. And I'm a photographer. Its so hard to find and if you find it most likely its been sitting in a warehouse forever.

I would go with the instamax camera. Another option is Amazon.com: Epson PictureMate Dash PM260 Compact Photo Inkjet Printer (C11C694201): Electronics it's only $100 and you can just print there on the spot if you have an outlet.

#5 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
          • 341 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks Jean-Marcus. I would do the printer, but I don't want to lug that thing to Mexico for our wedding and would like the "instant gratification" of the instamax. I'll probably go with that - then I can post it's good/bad points back here for other brides!

#6 mswhatever

mswhatever
            • 475 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

I love this idea. I have been contemplating it myself.

#7 NewYorkie

NewYorkie
              • 80 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

I'm planning to use adesso albums. U can just insert the photos into the pages.
                Adesso Albums: Original Instant Photo Guest Books

#8 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                • 341 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

So I bit the bullet - I ordered the Fuji Instax 200 and should have it next week. I think I'm going to order a book from one of the etsy vendors - you can customize it to your colors and it's actually not very expensive. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

#9 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

Can you provide a link to the etsy guestbooks you're talking about? I couldn't find any.

#10 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                    • 341 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Here's one that I found. I haven't ordered anything from this site, but I did a search on FUJI photo guest book, and this seller came up.
                      TheHandmadeBoutique on Etsy - The Handmade Boutique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users