Birthday gift for Mom-to-be

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sarafish81

sarafish81
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Ladies,
    My SIL is almost 7 months pregnant and her birthday is in a few weeks. Does anyone have ideas for a good birthday gift for her? We are hoping to do a spa day in November but I'd like to send her something in the mail for her actual day. I'd love to hear any tips from moms-to-be or moms-already of items that would be nice for you to receive during your last bit of pregnancy. She has a lot of baby stuff already so I'd like it to be more focused on her. Thanks!

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

What about a certificate for a massage? I hear the pregnancy ones are awesome. Hope some of the mommies will chime in!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Banana11

Banana11
      • VIP Member
      • 8,841 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

A certificate for a pedicure would probably come in handy! Sounds like she is a little behind me in pregnancy and I can no longer reach my feet comfortably! You could also do slippers or a bathrobe for the hospital. GAP has these great long sleeve t's that are super comfortable and great for layering (I bought two):

Shop clothes for women, men, maternity, baby, and kids | Gap

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

yeah I was going to say a pregnancy massage also.

#5 michelle6114

michelle6114
          • 209 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

Aww, that is sweet that you want to do something nice for her.
            I remember when I was pregnant, I always felt "yucky". So maybe a GC for a massage, or facial? Or to get her hair cut at a salon? Ooo ooh ohh heres one...a Bath and Bodyworks certificate so she can pick out some awesome smelling soaps and lotions?
            I wish someone would have got me something like that!!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

the spa things are all great suggestions, but if you're wanting to avoid that since you already have plans, what about something to pamper herself (since it won't happen much after baby comes! lol).

does she like to read, what about books or magazine, or a gift card to a book store

does she like lotions and shower products? maybe a nice little basket of yummy smelling stuff for a bath (this might be nice if she can take baths after baby too!)

i don't know if this would work, but lots of mom's like those "mother's necklaces" and you could get her one w/her baby's name or birthstone - or just a gift card if you don't know that info yet

#7 Jessica

Jessica
              • VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

I would say get her something that is just about her and not related to the baby. Unfortunately once you get knocked up, people seem to regard any gift giving holidays as the times to give baby related gifts. I of course always loved all my gifts, but it's nice to just get something for me as opposed for somethat that is "mother" themed.

#8 sarafish81

sarafish81
                • 353 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AnnR
                  i don't know if this would work, but lots of mom's like those "mother's necklaces" and you could get her one w/her baby's name or birthstone - or just a gift card if you don't know that info yet
                  I love this idea! Can you recommend any companies that make these?
                  Thanks for all the other ideas too, ladies!

#9 shellk

shellk
                  • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

i say a gift certificate for her local beauty salon/hairdressers so she could go asap after her birthday and have a treatment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users