can you fly flowers into mexico?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

i've been googling my brains out trying to find an answer to this.. does anyone know?

#2 jak27

jak27
    • 715 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

I was told that no flowers can come into Mexico from the US (this is for Cabo, though), so any florist in the States that would be coming down to do an event, would have to order flowers from Holland, etc just like a florist in Mexico would.

Which would explain why they're so freaking expensive in Mexico!

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

No, they'll confiscate them at check in. They won't let any plants in or out of the country.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 kara

kara
        • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hi there. You can order flowers directly from the growers in Ecuador and Columbia. That is where most of the flowers used in America (outside of those grown in Central California) come from. If you do a google search, you can find the farms that ship direct. The key is to be there to accept the International Fedex shipment and immediately treat the flowers. Good luck!

Flying them in from the states usually ends up yucky because they sit at customs. You can fly them into Mexico but not out of Mexico into the states. If you have any questions, send me a PM (I am a wedding florist and may be able to answer specifics).

Kara

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

I can tell you that my freeze dried rose petals were confiscated by Mexican customs...they said no real flowers allowed into Mexico from the US. I was able to bring in my silk/latex orchids. :0)
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
              I can tell you that my freeze dried rose petals were confiscated by Mexican customs...they said no real flowers allowed into Mexico from the US. I was able to bring in my silk/latex orchids. :0)
              also good to know! i was going to order them. too bad

#7 Shelley

Shelley
              • 169 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

Your freeze dried petals were confiscated? Wow, guess that solves my decision of freeze dried vs. silk! Thanks for the post, I never would've thought of that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users