daryl currie
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

well, I hear Jennifer H is great, so is Peter Straub from Swiss Bakery,

#12 adevilbi

adevilbi
    • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

I am using David Flores for my wedding next weekend. He has been great so far and came recommended by the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. He is a traditional Classic Spanish guitarist---so not a lot of contemportary music. He is $250 an hour with a minimum of two hours. So, he is playing our ceremony on the beach and for an hour at our cocktail reception.
      Ashley D.

#13 Patti

Patti
      • 555 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

Sounds like you got a deal. We're paying $450 and only getting one hour.

#14 Patti

Patti
        • 555 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

Does David Flores have a website?

#15 adevilbi

adevilbi
          • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I don't think he has a website, but David's email is
            davidflov@hotmail.com

He is a little slow initially at email, but he will send you a list of songs to pick from and also samples of his music. I didn't know a lot of the songs that he sent (not that familiar with traditional Spanish guitar) but I just went to itunes and put the names or composers in and almost all of them came up so that I could listen and then decide what I wanted.
            Ashley D.

#16 Patti

Patti
            • 555 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Thanks, Ashley. The Hilton (supposedly) has already booked Alonso Aquire for us. I've actually heard him before and he's great, but I'm having a little trouble getting past $450 an hour, plus $50 tax (with actually 45 min. of playing time), when David F. is only $250/hr. I'm going to contact the Hilton and see if I can do a little negotiating. If you're interested in the Canon D song and wondering what it would sound like by a solo guitarist, get on You Tube. You'll find a few on there that are actually pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users