Photo

Time to Eat-Clean!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 jlb392

jlb392
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I already do some of these things, but I'm going to make an effort to do all of them.

Originally Posted by seaprincess 

Hey ladies!

I just wanted to share my new endeavor....to eat clean. To start, I have never been a fan of traditional diets and the concept of eliminating or restricting entire food groups. If you choose that route, I am not judging, but my opinion is that it is not a healthy approach food and I have trouble with them. Then, in the last month, I came across the concept of eating clean and the Eat-Clean diet.

An excellent resource that outlines the concept is "The Eat-Clean Diet" book by Tosca Reno or Eat-Clean magazine....or you could Google it and figure it out that way.

Essentially, I have decided that my hubby and I are overdue to clean up our diets. So as of September 1st, we are committed to eating clean!

What this means for us is:
    1) Eating whole foods, that have not been processed, or have been as minimally processed as possible (aka fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains etc)
    2) Increasing water to at least 2500ml a day (10cups)
    3) Cut out the white - white sugar, white flour, white rice
    4) Reducing saturated fats by choosing lean meat and most cheese (the cheese will be the toughy for me...mmm...cheese); no transfats
    5) Eating every 2-3 hours, but having mini-meals rather than 3 square meals a day

The principles are simple, read labels, don't consume things you can't pronounce and eat a little protein, fat and complex carbs every meal.

Basically, it is basic nutrition without the crap from take-out, fast-food, or pre-packaged items...oh and no alcohol....DH won't cut out beer, but I don't really drink much anyways so when I do I will choose heart healthy red wine instead.

Wish me luck and I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on my progress and challenges!

#52 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Me and my Fi adopted the clean eating lifestyle a little over a year ago and we've never felt better. I would recommend this to anyone. I convivecd my to slowly adopt the principles and she's lost a lot of weight and no longer needs to take her cholestorol and high blood pressure meds!

#53 jlb392

jlb392
      • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

I read some time ago that the amount of water you should drink = 1/2 your weight in ounces.  So if you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink at least 75 oz of water.  I've been doing that for a while now.  At first you feel like you're drowning.  now I'm used to it.

#54 principessa

principessa
        • 219 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I've been eating a lot more clean over the past few months and I feel great!  Of course I allow myself to indulge once in a while, but for the most part I try to as clean as possible.  I also drink a ton of water.  I'm not looking to lose weight, I want to tone up for the wedding and just be overall more healthy.  I love the ToneItUp girls on YouTube - highly recommended!

#55 balibride

balibride
          • 153 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Wow good luck! Is the book worth buying?

#56 liz24

liz24
            • 209 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Love eating clean

#57 dimagama

dimagama
            • 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

Thanks