Photo

The Evolution of Wedding Dress - Major Renovations Complete!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by roo66
    Your gut instinct to go with a dress way to big payed off.You really do look better than the model hahah.The bustle you have does it have a name?
    Your hair down with loose curls will be perfect
    Ha... that's what the seamstress said too about the dress being so big. She said I had "vision."

I think the model looks so cheesy since she's making a cheesy face and I don't think the dress fits her well. I probably wouldn't have even liked the dress had I seen it on her first!

The bustle is custom. We had a lot of fabric to hide since the dress is so big and it had a 4 foot train. She just made it look like the other "poofs" of fabric back there the best she could.

#22 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
    • Banned
    • 3,479 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

You look amazing in your dress! That is so awesome you experienced the running of the brides and found an absolutely amazing dress. Props to your seamstress she did an outstanding job of altering your dress down to you!! And I think your hair would look beautiful both ways, but hey if your fiance was thinking down and wavy then go for it! I wish I could do it, my hair would just get all frizzy so I am wearing mine up.

#23 jennierin

jennierin
      • 847 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Wow! What an amazing dress! You are GORGEOUS! And as for the alterations...thank you, thank you, THANK you for posting this! I was just having a major meltdown yesterday because I went to make an appointment for alterations and the seamstress happened to be there and wanted to see it on me because I have lost so many inches since I last tried it on. The dress literally fell off of me....even with the corset back tied as tight as it would go!! I was devastated because I was afraid that I'd have to get another dress off the rack at this stage of the game (and I really really love MY dress)....HOWEVER, seeing that your dress was able to be brought down 5 dress sizes, I am now able to breathe again (mine will be only have to be taken down 2 dress sizes). I hope that my seamstress will be HALF as good as yours! You look GREAT!!! I also agree with everyone else...your hair down will look awesome! Congrats!
        http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
        First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#24 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

Wow that looks great on you now with all the alterations finished! You are going to be one hot bride!

#25 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

Wowsa! Your seamstress is amazing. You are going to look gorgeous regardless of how you wear your hair!!!

#26 candicemarie

candicemarie
            • 271 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

WOW is right!! You look perfect in that dress! And you have a wonderful seamtress for life, ha! Congrats on it coming out so well! I think wavy hair down would look fantastic!

#27 baj

baj
              • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

beautiful dress and you stunning in it, agree the hair will great down

#28 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

If I could whistle I totally would! You look way better then the model does and I think your FH is going to be floored when he sees you in it. I bet he's not even going to notice the hair becuase he'll be looking at your banggin' bod. lol.
                  ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#29 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

OMG It's STUNNING!!! Seriously, what an amazing dress! And to go from a 12 to 2 - that's incredible!!!

#30 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

WOW! Foxy bride is right!!! you look gorgeous! I love the bustle & I agree - hair down will look beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users