Photo

Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I just wanted to update that I was able to change my social security card and my driver's license with the certified copy of the marriage register that the minister gave us after our ceremony at the ROR. The DMV sort of questioned it since it didn't have a raised seal, but once they saw it was from out of the country, they just accepted it. Insurance was also super easy, they didn't even need to see any documentation! I am glad I tried to change everything now rather than wait the MONTHS the official license is going to take. I feel officially married now! :)

#32 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
      I just wanted to update that I was able to change my social security card and my driver's license with the certified copy of the marriage register that the minister gave us after our ceremony at the ROR. The DMV sort of questioned it since it didn't have a raised seal, but once they saw it was from out of the country, they just accepted it. Insurance was also super easy, they didn't even need to see any documentation! I am glad I tried to change everything now rather than wait the MONTHS the official license is going to take. I feel officially married now! :)
      The SS office let me do it with the certified copy from the minister but the DMV would not...they went online to see what the actual license from Jamaica looked like and would not accept it....sooo annoying!

#33 Lexico

Lexico
      • 150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

We were married at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort in June (5-12, 2009) and just received our marriage certificates about 2 weeks ago. Jascynthia, the wedding co-ordinator (whom I understand is no longer the wedding co-ordinator) told us 6-8 weeks, and it was pretty much double that and then some.....but we did receive it nonetheless (without having to call and follow up about where it was).....

Petals....did you get the little gift the resort advised would be sent when you received your marriage certificate?? We didn't. No big deal, I'm just happy the Certificate arrived!

#34 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lexico
          Petals....did you get the little gift the resort advised would be sent when you received your marriage certificate?? We didn't. No big deal, I'm just happy the Certificate arrived!
          Oh no, no gift, but after waiting that long for the papers, I wasn't holding my breath for the gift.

#35 Lexico

Lexico
          • 150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
            Oh no, no gift, but after waiting that long for the papers, I wasn't holding my breath for the gift.
            LOL. I know what you mean!! Got the registers and that's all that matters!

#36 JennyLynnLong140

JennyLynnLong140
            • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lexico
              LOL. I know what you mean!! Got the registers and that's all that matters!
              I got married at the GP on July 8, 2009 and have not gotten anything yet! I emailed the new wedding coordinator at least 6 times and did not even get any sort of response back! So frustrating!!

#37 Geralyn

Geralyn
              • 2,677 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I finally got my marriage certificate and it was not from the resort it was from me ordering it from the website...I think the original must have gotten lost since we moved after the wedding and it was never forwarded

#38 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

***** UPDATE *****

I finally got my certificates from the Registrar's Office, TODAY!!!!

#39 debbmach

debbmach
                  • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

You guys have scared me and have me thinking about doing a legal (unofficial) ceremony here before I leave. Definitely something to think about.
                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#40 breeze616

breeze616
                    • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

Holy Schmoly... not looking forward to this process!! Hopefully I can do the name change with the official copy here in Canada...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users