Sign in to follow this  
~*petals*~

Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

So a question for all you that had to wait so long, did you sign your name by your new name even though it hadn't been legally changed yet? I can't wait to be married and use my FH's name, but I don't know how I feel about using it if it isn't legal.

Hi,

I would like to add that the system at the Registrar General is now more efficient. I did a wedding on Feb 27th and we received the certificates 2 weeks ago.

I am not sure why it is taking the resorts so long to get the certificates but usually if the documents are sent off right after the wedding it really shouldnt take more than 4 to 6 weeks for it to be processed and have it in hand.

Thanks Helen

I got married on Feb.3/2010 at Riu Ocho Rios and still haven't received mine yet so hopefully their coming soon :)

The main thing is to check if the resort has sent your documents off. I am getting the feeling that they are waiting until they have enough to send in one batch, because they are out of town instead of sending in one couples paperwork at a time and this delays your certificate by at least 2 weeks.