Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

We got married at GBP and a work friend got married at Beaches or Breezes and both of us got a certified copy of our marriage certificate before we left the resort! both of us have used our marriage certificates for changing our names and never once had an issue. so talk to your WC about getting your copy right from her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is funny. Beverly assured us at least one million times that we would have our certificate within 5 days as we paid for the expedited service. That was the whole point of staying there for 2 weeks and actually choosing it over ROR and Iberostar. Here we are, almost 8 weeks later and there is not a sign of anything remotely looking like a reply from her or a package from DHL. However, she sent us our wedding pictures (Those 10 free pics included in the package, it is another story how we got the other 500) almost immediately knowing that it is something that can wait (unlike our certificate which we need ASAP for quite serious reason).

I mean she was perfect to deal with directly, she is lovely, but when it is comes to some serious business it seems like no one bothers. Jamaica, mon?

It is upsetting to have a wonderful wedding but to deal with their bullshitfan.gif before it and after it.

sorry for complaining guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't want to freak anyone out, becuase I think we are definitely the exception not the norm.  But, it took us a year to get the official certificate.  It took dozens of emails to RMB and Riu in general to finally get it sent to us.  We weren't too worried as I wasn't planning on changing my name, and his company let him put me on his insurance without any documentation.   And, thankfully, we had no other need for the official certificate. 

• 4 months later...

Just to update: We finally got our Marriage Certificate!! It took 7 months and 6 days. After the 6 month mark I was starting to worry and contacted my WC. She said she would look into it at the beginning of December and I never heard back from her. I am so relieved we finally have the official document and I can begin the name change ritual!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics