• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

look for me on thursday. They filmed an event in Durham, NC called the doughman. It was put together by some grad students last year & turned into a huge event. It's a relay with biking, swimming, running & eatting. The food is all local & it supports a local inner-city agriculture program.

This year the guy from man vs food competed & the episode airs thursday night. I'm wearing a tank top, shorts & two cameras around my neck. I spent a lot of time by the finish line taking pictures, so I might be in the episode.

I've been anxiously awaiting the airing of this episode. They had a huge film crew including people on bikes, to capture the whole thing. It should be fun to watch.

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

I love this show! FI and I watch it every week, we'll be sure to look out for you

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

I was wrong it airs wednesday at 10 eastern.

I just realized that we no longer have the travel channel. I hope it's available online somewhere. There is a local party to watch the episode, but I'll be too busy tomorrow night.

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

Matt loves this show! I just checked to make sure it was set to record so I can check it out.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

I've never seen it, but I think it will be a fun episode. People dressed up in costumes as a team. All four members had to cross the finish line holding hands. It's a pretty funny event. It started as just some grad students sitting around joking about doing something like this and then they really did it.

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Just set to record! I hope I see you!

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

morg thats cool, i wont be up but hopefully we can watch it later online.

omg i would die if i lost travel channel. i mean not like i have massive amounts of time to watch tv, but if i did, travel, tlc, food, and discovery are my faves!

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

did you lose the channel when the tv switch happened back in june?

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Abbie
                did you lose the channel when the tv switch happened back in june?
                No I have cable, so it wasn't the digital tv change. They changed our tv line up in june because we started to get bravo. Maybe they took away the travel channel then. I have been in summer tv hiatus mode, so I didn't notice.

I found a site like hulu that has tv episodes & they carry man vs food. I'm not sure how it works or if it's legit
                Watch Man v. Food Online Free - Full Episodes, Latest Seasons, Stream Videos & Clips - Yidio

I think they have episodes on itunes, too. I'll look around after it airs.

#10 Cassie

Cassie
                • 5,341 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

I watched and was looking for you, but they moved around the crowd too fast, so I'm not sure if they showed you or not.
                  Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users