Photo

St. Thomas - Weddings the Island Way

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Has anyone used weddingstheislandway for their WC on St. Thomas? This was recommended from a friend of mine.

here is their website.

Destination island weddings on St Thomas and USVI

Thought maybe others could chime in or maybe someone here could benefit. My friend raved about them!
    "Formerly goNDmay9"
    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#2 FatCracker

FatCracker
    • 192 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

That's who we decided to go with. I've been working with Tina and she is awesome!
      It was really difficult to narrow down the choices of wc's, but Tina always responded right away and answered any and every question I had.

#3 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
      • 168 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

oooh keep me posted. I sent them an email and tina is the one who responded. my friend worked with angela.
        "Formerly goNDmay9"

#4 Weddingin2010

Weddingin2010
        • 155 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

We are using Janelle from Island Bliss but I have heard great things about Weddings the Island Way - they were our 2nd choice. Really, it seems like most of the wc's in St. Thomas come highly recommended.

#5 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
          • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

I too am using Janelle of Island Bliss Weddings but Wedding the Island Way come highly recommended so I'm sure they'll do a great job..
            Happy Planning

#6 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
            • Banned
            • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:36 AM

Im also using WTIW however we did have a bit of a miss understanding. We had to change our wedding date because of a family member who is in the Army do the one we have now. We did the switch awhile ago however I called a couple weeks ago and turns out the date we have our date set on is Good Friday and the courts will not open for us. If we would of known that when we first switched to that date more than a few months ago we would of made sure we came in on a day the courts were open. So legally we cannot get married in St. Thomas

#7 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
              • 153 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

When I was looking into getting married in St. Thomas I was writing back and forth to Janelle of Island Bliss Weddings and Deb of Virgin Island Perfect Wedding Day. Janelle was wonderful...and Deb is super nice and very helpful and has great packages that can be customized...She seemed to be very good at what she did, very helpful and gives lots of suggestions....I would recommend her as well...but for me, she'd be #2, Janelle of Island Bliss Weddings would be #1. :)

Good luck with your planning!!
                Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

#8 shakeimap

shakeimap
                • 26 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hi have been working with Angela but I'm getting nervous because I can't reach her. She has been responsive in the past so I don't know what's going on. My wedding is Nov. 10th. If I don't hear from her soon, I may have to go with another St. Thomas wc but I'm afraid I won't be able to book someone this short notice. I already know of one wedding in St. Thomas on the same date. Yes, Ashley - I refering to your wedding. :-)

#9 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
                  • 168 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shakeimap
                    Hi have been working with Angela but I'm getting nervous because I can't reach her. She has been responsive in the past so I don't know what's going on. My wedding is Nov. 10th. If I don't hear from her soon, I may have to go with another St. Thomas wc but I'm afraid I won't be able to book someone this short notice. I already know of one wedding in St. Thomas on the same date. Yes, Ashley - I refering to your wedding. :-)
                    omg shakeimap - i would be starting to freak out!! keep me posted. i have not picked anyone yet!!!!!
                    "Formerly goNDmay9"

#10 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                    • 712 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

Shake Lol hi I have a new date twin, have you checked in on the Nov brides thread Now there are 3 of us on BDW. Sorry I digress... On my cruise there are 3 other St Thomas brides that we know of and my WC Janelle is doing my wedding and another girls vow renewal (wedding) on the same day... I don't know if you guys read my rant ab that a couple months ago, but I was very pissed to say the least, but it is what it is.... She's assured me that she will be with me the entire day and has a staff member handling the other wedding... I pray all goes well.
                      I've heard awesome things ab Angela, maybe she out sick. Have you tried calling? I've never actually called Janelle but her number's on the website I think lol.
                      Good Luck and Happy planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users