Newbie from NYC

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dvsxkitty

• 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hey all, my name is Helen and I have been married for 3 years. My husband and I never had a wedding though, just the civil ceremony. I was thinking of organizing a vow renewal/wedding for our 5 year anniversary (August 2011)but I don't know where! Is it possible to find someplace economical yet fun and beautiful? Any suggestions? I was thinking of Riviera Maya or Punta Cana. We just wanna grab some friends and go have our little ceremony and have fun.

#2 ClintsGurl09

• 660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hello and welcome !!

#3 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of information on here that will be able to help you plan your vow renewal. There are threads devoted to both locations that you can get information on different accommodations and read about other brides experiences there as well. Best of luck with the planning!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 dvsxkitty

• 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Thanks all! I love this forum! Its so great for research!!

#5 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#6 AmyandRich

• 344 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Helen - Good luck planning your wedding! There are so many places to pik from!!

#7 ms.nadia

• 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

FYI, JFK has $99/each way flights to Montego Bay, Jamaica.

That's where our wedding is (largely for that reason)! We live in queens.

Good luck!

#8 inspiredfyre

• 304 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

hello! Welcome! Those were my last two choices, riviera maya, and punta cana. Both are pretty economical, I think DR a little more so than riviera maya, however both choices are completely gorgeous that have a lot of different all inclusive resorts that will help you save in the end! Try getting a TA that can get you a good deal. I went through destinationweddings.com, and while I'm not in love with our TA, it was a good decision, as far as cost went! Look up some different threads, it is extremely helpful on this site! Good luck to you guys! :)

#9 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forum! What a great idea - doing a destination vow renewal! There is so much helpful info on this forum, but be prepared to become addicted. :) Also, you could start by contacting one of the TA's on the forum for more info.

#10 Jeremy_Gilliam

• 335 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

There are so many great resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya that are economical and offer lots to do! Dreams and Riu, both in Cancun and Riviera Maya have fun and inexpensive resorts. Good luck in your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users