Newbie from Toronto!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kenaharmony

• 20 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

Newly engaged and we are trying to decide between the Caribbean and Mexico at an all inclusive. We are planning for next November but no date yet - we would like to choose a location first.
    He really likes the Riu in Los Cabos........I really like the look and feel of smaller islands like St Lucia.
    I want a beautiful sandy beach with great snorkelling, he wants a beautiful meandering pool with swim up bar.
    Any suggestions are appreciated! Hope this forum will help us!

#2 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Good Luck planning your DW wedding! You'll find some amazing resources here!

#3 ~Keira~

• 1,338 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

Welcome to a fellow Torontonian (well I'm from Burlington, but I work in T.O). There is surely no shortage on information here so good luck with all your planning.
        ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

#4 ClintsGurl09

• 660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!! Happy planning ;}

#5 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#6 melette

• 893 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

Congrats on the engagement! Welcome to the forum and Happy Planning!
              http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#7 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
              • 2,015 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Congratulations Kenaharmony and welcome to the forums! I don't think it really matters where you have your big day as long as your together. Cheesy... maybe but its still true. Flip a coin and go for it!
                Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#8 Huey

• 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Oooh welcome to another Canadian bride!! I would totally suggest St. Lucia. I was there last year and thought it was gorgeous. Very lush and definitely has a more small island feel. =) You'll love it!

#9 inspiredfyre

• 304 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

try booking through an agency who can help you choose your destination! I'm sure you can find the best of both worlds, a beautiful snorkeling island, with resorts that have those awesome swim ups! :)

#10 thebestjess

• 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hi Welcome... I just joined today too! I am in Toronto too and have the similar issue as you, except my fiance is the one looking for the pristine beach and I am interested in a great pool with a swim up bar. We are also aiming for a Nov 2010 wedding. Anyways, we are still trying to sort through the information and pick a place. I think we are going with a DR resort, as they have great beaches too! I think St. Lucia sounds nice, but I did not think they had many all inclusive options...

Good Luck with the planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users