custom wedding band?

So I went to look for a wedding band the other day, just to get some ideas, and when I was talking to the jeweler, he said that I would be better of getting a custom made wedding band. My ERing is a 3 stone princess cut; so all the bands that I tried on left a gap between the band and my ering. He said that they could make one so it fits in perfectly (leaving no gap). I guess they take a molding of the side of your ering, and then shape one side of the wedding band to match it perfectly. He had one on hand that he had just done, and it looked really good. Has anyone done this?

I had a different ring design. But my wedding band is custom done to fit my e-ring. I love the fact that they fit together perfectly. I considered (to save money) not having the custom ring done. I'm glad we decided to do the custom band. The gaps between the e-ring and band would have driven me crazy.

I have an old antique ring that was my great grandmothers. The setting is so unique and large there is no way a traditional wedding band will work. I debated forever on what to do, but finally decided to do a custom band. The jewler is making it for me this saturday and i'm SO excited. basically, he's making it out of wax first so I can see exactly how it fits to make sure i approve :) then they use the wax to mold the actual ring. I am THRILLED with this because i thought there was no logical solution. I'll post some pics as soon as I get my ring so you can see :) here is the e-ring to give u an idea:

Click the image to open in full size.

My engagement ring and wedding ring were purchased as a set, so they fit together beautifully. However, looking at them you wouldn't know that - they could totally be worn separately. The band has a little bevel edge that slips into a groove on the e-ring so they stay together and don't move around (band is channel-set diamonds, so it keeps them upright) and they sit tightly together so you don't have that gap you talk about. The ring designer is a friend of my fiance, so he told him upfront that was a concern of mine.

Mine was the same...i have a cushion cut with pave around and everything left a gap so I got 2 bands cutom made-one on top, one on bottom-and I LOVE it. The jeweler did a great job and I saved a lot of $$.

I would definitely recommend a custom made ring!

My e-ring is a 3 stone and i decided to have one custom made. It was a really cool experience. Like Josie, I met with the artist, he designed a sample and made a wax casting, I approved it, then the jeweler made the ring. I kinda wanted to kepp the wax casting because it was purple and looked funky with my e-ring :) I definitely recommend the custom band because no one else will have one like it!

I would definitely get a custom band made. I also had a custom band made. None of the bands in any store I went in would fit my E ring and like a couple of the other girls. The jeweler made a wax of what the band would look like so I could see what it would realistically look like with my E ring and then once I approved the design the jeweler went ahead and made the band. What I also liked is the jeweler found out the clarity of my E ring so he could match the diamonds in the band to the diamonds in my E ring. That way, my E ring didn't have one color diamonds and my band have another color, KWIM? A little more expensive for my husband but hey, I'm worth it. LOL