Sign in to follow this  
yesther

Are you getting your stay for free or getting any other perks?

We got an upgrade with our wedding at the Riu Jalisco in PV. They seemed really good about giving us the best service/treatments because it was our wedding. I also think we got some free spa services for having so many people book there.

We are flying with Air Canada and got 1 free trip with each 15 people booked. That was just for the first couple of months though, I believe it is now 1 free one for every 25 booked.

Wow, I am so envious of all your perks! It appears the the resorts in Mexico offer much better perks than those in Jamaica.

I also went with DW.com and she says that to get the group perks, everyone has to book through her. Its been a great source of stress to me because her rates are a little higher than some other rates you can get through other TAs and on the web so some of my guests have booked elsewhere. Sigh!

She says however that we will get the Beaches free wedding etc. with more than 10 rms booked. I wonder if it would be worthwhile contacting beaches to let them know of the guests that did not book through her? I could get25 rms and the 26th is free. I wonder what other perks I am missing out on by going through her?

My TA is giving me a 50$ credit for each room booked through her. I thought that was great till my friends and family started booking though online websites without calling her to price match. It is so much easier for my TA to coordinate everything like transfers, rehersal dinner reservations and so on. I was also going to use what i saw as free money to pay for excersions for guests as a gift. Not sure what to do now. Maybe the guests who played by the rules (my family) will get the excersions gifts and the people who did not (my FI family) will not hahahaha

We are also using DW.com and staying at the Catalonia Riviera Maya, these are two of our perks!

FREE WEDDING PACKAGE

The Renewal of Vows Ceremony ($399 value) is free with your group reservation of 10 double rooms, staying for a minimum of 5 nights (equal 50 room nights). This offer is not combinable with other promotional offers.

We also get a free upgrade to a suite if we have 15 rooms booked.

Good Luck!

We are going to Punta Cana, and are using a contact through work with sell off vacations. Our travel agent is AMAZING, he is getting us everything from lower deposit rates to free seat upgrades and we get every 12th person free... definitely do your research and look around. And the biggest thing is, don't be afraid to ask!! If you don't ask, you will never know! Sometimes if you get something with one travel agent that sounds good, go see ANOTHER TA and see if they can offer you the same perk and maybe something more to entice you to use their company. Its all a big dance... ahaha