One week or two??

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 staceyg

• 43 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for all the responses! We've decided that two weeks really is the best idea - a week with all our friends and family and then a week to just enjoy ourselves as newlyweds!! :-)
    Looking to share a Photographer...
    We will be in Varadero, Cuba the end of April 2010 and are getting married at the Iberostar Varadero on April 27th. If there are any brides interested in sharing a photographer PM me!!

#22 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

14 days for sure!!!!

We chose 11 days plus an extra day off when we get home!!

#23 MrsAiello2b

• 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

We're staying for 2 weeks. We're traveling down with all our guests and our parents and siblings are staying with us for one extra week. We're both really close with our families it'll be nice to spend time with them after everyone else leaves. The resort we're getting married at is large enough, that if we want some alone time we can still have it.

We're also having an AHR in August, and we're going on our honeymoon after that. So we don't mind staying the two weeks with any friends and family that want to be there with us.

#24 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

We decided to stay on for an extra week too, I'm so glad now that we did. I'm looking forward to having that fun first week with family and all of the wedding excitement and then after that the two of us will have some time alone to decompress. I don't think it will be too long at all- probably not long enough!
          Loving married life!

#25 sjmacphe

• 291 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

I am so pumped my FI agreed to stay 2 weeks, he thought we would be antsy after one week - but with all the partying and craziness I think it will be awesome to have a week alone to, um, you know - just enjoy some alone time and fun in the sun!!

#26 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

I agree, normally two weeks might be long, but the first week will just fly by with the wedding. Then you'll want that alone time after.
              Loving married life!

#27 scrouse

• 185 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

STAY FOR 2-WEEKS!! Maybe consider switching to a different resort...we're moving on to a Couples resort (in a different city)for our second week...I have heard numerous girls say that not staying for an extra week was their biggest regret!! Do it!!

#28 DwanaJalene

• 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

We are also staying for 2 weeks. One week will be spent with family and friends and the second one is just for us.

#29 bholthof

• Banned
                  • 323 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

We're only staying for one week, but thats because we can only get one week off at that time. We are, however, probably taking a 5 day cruise honeymoon within a couple months after we get back.
                    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

#30 truelove4life

• 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

We are planning on going for two weeks as well. I agree with the others ... the first week is going to be so busy with the days and excitement leading up to the wedding and you will be sharing your time with all of your family and friends. It will be nice to have a week with your new husband to relax and enjoy ... just the two of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users