Are engagement photos "worth it"?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 MObride09

• 186 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

MY FI had the same complaint. He hates pictures and was floored by the cost of professional photography! For me, the pictures were the most important expense. Our photographer offered a package deal which included an engagement session but since FI really, really hates pictures, we negotiated on having some casual pictures taken while in Mexico along with a TTD session and the wedding coverage. The photographer dropped the engagement pics from the package which dropped the price by $300.00 which made FI happy, and I get a variety of pics on location which made me happy...Being that your pics are free, I would take advantage, but for me it wasn't worth the bickering:)

#32 wsarah2107

• 166 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

Thats one tricky thing about DW! having a photog @ the location and then one where you are from...cuz usually engagement session is included/free if you book your wedding. Hmmmm...I got mine done & am thrilled that I did! But I am very sentimental/love pictures...also my sister & brother in law are wedding photographers...so thast a deal I would never pass up!!!!!. If you don't care so much then its probably something you can forgo. Maybe just have a friend take some nice shots so you have something & can use them for save the dates or anything if you decidde you want to?

#33 sjmacphe

• 291 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

Hey ladies! I would agree that engagement photos are nice to have, I plan to make photo books for our parents and also use these to make a nice guestbook - also I think it will be really neat because we get pics in the city where we have been living for the past three years (which I think I will appreciate later as we plan to move in a couple years) and at our destination.

Here is a link to the photos my friend took for us (I posted them in another thread), I think she did a great job :).

#34 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
        • 94 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

Why not remember each stage. You can also use them for save the dates and a lot of stuff. I am looking forward to ours which we will be doing next spring!

#35 nicole.gia

• 318 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

I agree if they are free definitely do them. I think it is a special time in your life where you have this engagment bliss glow and should capture it. I say go for it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users