Puerto Vallarta or Cabo?

bridetobeashley

Hi, I'm looking at getting married the first week of February 2010 and I am trying to decide on Riu Santa Fe in Cabo or Riu Jalisco in Nuevo Vallarta. Does anyone have any thoughts on either one, from what I've found, it looks like Cabo it's closer to downtown but the beach is pretty rocky and unswimmable, while Nuevo Vallarta is a bit further from downtown Puerto Vallarta but has a good beach. I've never been to either place, I've been to Ixtapa and Rivieria Maya in past years. Any advice anyone can give me would help.

Thanks.

Ashley

I almost went with RIU Jalisco, its a great resort and they are very helpful, but the package & prices at the Barcelo were a better fit for us. I have never been to Cabo, but I love PV/NV and its only a 30-40 cab/bus to town, we stayed at a non-all-inclusive when we were there and it wasn't a problem to go to town every night for dinner. Hope that helps!

Oh that's tough; PV or Cabo?! but as soon as I saw you were looking at the Riu Jalisco, hands down PV. Of course I'm partial because we got married at their gazebo but still :P I loved that resort and so did all my guests and family.

The Riu Jaslico is about a $20 cab ride to downtown PV. have you ever heard of Bucerias? it's about a $5 cab ride from the Riu Jalisco and is similar. Great food and cheap shopping. Got to love that!

If you have any questions we have a Riu thread in the PV section :0) We're here to help! Either way Cabo or Pv will be a great location for your DW.

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

I went through the same decision (Cabo vs. PV) and I decided on PV. It's more tropical in mind where as Cabo is more desert. However, I love both!

I have not been to the Riu in Cabo but I stayed at the Riu Jalisco last fall. I really enjoyed our stay and yes, the beach is nice. However, I'm not certain where they have the ceremonies at, but the gazebo (which might be it) is in the center of the hotel 'courtyard' and is not very private (just something to consider).

I'm sure you will be happy with either location. Best of luck with your decision. Location is definitely the hardest decision!

smile03.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics