Photo

I bought my dress...and it's NOTHING like I thought it would be!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lara

Lara
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Wow, they say when you put on THE dress, you just know and boy were they right! I've been looking around online for months and have several dozen dresses that I bookmarked and thought I loved, and I was sure I'd end up in one of those dresses. Then yesterday I went to the bridal gallery for the first time, thinking I would simply try on a few different styles (the ones I'd bookmarked) and then decide which of my online faves I'd purchase. Well, needless to say, all of the styles I thought I'd love looked terrible on me! I was disappointed, for sure, but was pleasantly surprised when I tried on a V neck (I normally hate V necks for some reason) fitted (I thought my dress would be flowey for sure) Mermaid gown (again, I normally dislike mermaid style and thought it would look terrible on me) with pleated empire bodice and trumpet skirt. When I put it on, my MOH and my mother were stunned and (almost) speechless...they both said they loved it and I knew it was my dress. For posterity, I tried on about a dozen more dresses afterwards, but my mind kept going back to the mermaid gown and I kept wanting to put it back on...so when I finally did, I starting crying because I knew it was my dress! I was lucky enough that the rack size fit me so I bought it and brought it home with me (well, to my mom's place, since I can't let FI see it!) Everyone will be so surprised when they see me in this gown, especially FI, since it is nothing like I usually like and nothing like I even thought it would be!

For some reason I forgot to take pics of me in the dress. Here are some pics from their website:

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for reading, ladies. I am just SO happy with my dress and can't wait to wear it on my wedding day...and at my AHR!

#2 Peachy~Girl

Peachy~Girl
    • 173 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Wow thats a gorgeous dress! I love the pleating

#3 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
      • 304 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yay! I loved how everything turned out for the better for you! you know it's a good sign when your guests start crying! I remember when I went dress shopping, i did the same exact thing! I brought in pictures of the gowns i saw online, and even went up running to the dress I thought was going to be the one! It looked awful! Come to realize, a totally different style looked best, something i'd NEVER have tried on! So, I'm glad you went out of the box to try something else on, and found a gown that is so beautiful! Your dress has a lot of personality, too! So elegant!

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#4 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
        • 417 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

It's beautiful! I have to agree that you just don't know what you for sure want for yourself until you actually try it on!

#5 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
          • 660 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

I love your dress very beautiful.

#6 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
            • 706 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

I love it. I found a strapless one just like it from BCBG that I'm wearing for my welcome dinner. I had bought it for my wedding day but ended up going with a "puffy" dress. It's very pretty.

#7 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

Oooh, it's just beautiful! I love it! I originally didn't like trumpet styles either, but of course I ended up with one. Although, like yours, mine isn't super trumpety (yes, I realize that's not a word). :)

#8 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
                • 531 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Very pretty. I love the detail and it is a different style, great for a DW!
                  Mrs. Young

#9 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

Oh, my friend loves that same dress. I bet it looks amazing on you!

#10 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                    • 344 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Beautiful dress! Mine was nothing like I set out to find either, but I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users